How to use Uber, Lyft and Minnie Van in Orlando/Disney World (plus get discounts for new riders)

Added info for Minnie Van service

I used Uber and Lyft extensively for a trip in February (a friend had points for a hotel, so we stayed offsite). I think Lyft from the airport to the Embassy Suites near WDW was around $35.

Other than that, my biggest tip is to verify with the driver if going to parks (especially MK) that they know where to drop off. They need to drop off at the taxi station at the TTC. If the driver is inexperienced and just uses google maps, it can direct the car to employee parking or other weird places.

1 Like

This is a good tip. Thanks!

Updated to have current pricing info and details about Minnie Vans.

The Disney website says 2 car seats. Which is correct?!?! A 3rd car seat would be a game changer for us.

Yeah, what is interesting about that, the official site says both, actually! (2 and 3). Assuming the information on their site is accurate if youā€™re using it In-World, it ā€œis equipped with 2 versatile car seats.ā€ Yet, if you are using it for Airport Transport it ā€œcan be equipped with up to 3 complimentary car seatsā€

I just updated the top of the thread to be a little more clear, based on the info on the Disney site.

Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah, I missed that since weā€™re using DME. Would be very interested to know if the 3 seats are available in park.

Well, unless you really want a private vehicle and have $300 (round-trip) to burn on Minnie Van airport transport, DME is the better value any way (since itā€™s free!).

If your going to MK isnt the best tip to have the car take you to contemporary resort?
I havent done it but read that somewhere and it makes sense.

1 Like

Yup. You are correct. It makes it so you only have to walk a short distance to get to MK gate.

I have a tip I learned the hard way. Donā€™t sign up for Lyft too far in advance.

The new user code I got expired before I could use it.

I did just get another code, but it, too, expires about a day before we can use it.
Will they keep sending me these until I bite? I hope so!

You bring up a good point! I will edit the post above to mention that!

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience using the Minnie Van service? How was it? Any tips to share?

We used it on our last trip in October. It was a fun and convenient way to get to the parks when we had FPP timeframes to hit and had juuuust missed the bus. The kids got a kick out of it. We used it twice, and buses the rest of the time. Had no problem booking them to be there pretty much right away. They are, however, way pricier than Ubers, but for car seat convenience, it was great. Plus, unlike Uber, they can take you to the front gate of MK.

1 Like

Do they come with the car seats already installed?

As stated at the top of the thread, regarding Minnie Vans:

• The good thing about this service is that each vehicle accommodates up to 6 Guests and ā€œis equipped with 2 versatile car seatsā€ for transport In-World or ā€œcan be equipped with up to 3 complimentary car seatsā€ for Airport Transport. (This according the their website as of 5/13/2019).

Scroll to the top to see all the details.

Yup! Definitely a plus!

Right, but Iā€™m wondering if they are already installed when they pick you up, or you have to install them once they get there. That takes a decent amount of time.

1 Like

Ah. Maybe @staceyrose55 an chime in here, but it looks like they have them in the back, and can install them for you as needed.

( source: Minnie Vans have finally returned: Everything to know about the easiest way to get around Disney World - The Points Guy )

2 Likes

This is good to know. Perhaps they are highly skilled at installing them since they do it all the time, but it always seems to take me 10-15 minutes to install mine whenever Iā€™ve had to move them or swap them out. Or maybe Iā€™m just a doofus and it takes me a lot longer than a normal person.

1 Like