If you plan to use Uber and/or Lyft to get to/from the airport to/from your resort, or to get from place to place in-World, here is some info you can use and some promotion codes to save money if you are a new rider with either company.
These codes are only valid for riders that have never used the service before, but the TIPs below are useful for anyone using the service
TIP: If you used it before but you are traveling with someone who hasn’t, have them create an account which will allow you to use these codes.
TIP: If you have kids that need a car seat it’s best if you are able to provide them. However if you don’t have them, make sure to select the service that has a Car Seat included! (ie. “UberX + Car Seat”) You will pay extra for this. So if you have your own seats with you, use them with a regular Uber/Lyft. Also, they typically will only have one car seat, so if you have more than one kid that needs it, you’ll certainly have to bring your own. (Info on Florida Car Seat Laws) Lyft does not offer a car seat service at this time.
TIP: If you have 4 people and a lot of bags, you’ll likely need a UberXL/LyftXL car so you and your stuff will fit. If you have more than 4 people and a lot of bags, you may need two cars to get everyone and everything to fit, so keep that in mind when you summon the ride.
- Promo code: n4rcz1pkue
- Deal: Good for up to $25 off your first ride
- How to use: In the Uber app, go to “Payment” from the menu, then “Add Promo/Gift Code”
- You can get cost estimates in the app or by going here.
- Click here for Info on “UberFamily” (getting a ride with one child car seat).
- Detailed MCO (Orlando International Airport) Uber pickup info can be found here.
- Promo code: AWTP2018
- Deal: Depends on where you sign up. Can save you as much as $50.
- How to use: In the Lyft app, go to the “Promos” link from the menu, then follow instructions to enter the code.
- You can get cost estimates in the app or by going here:
- TIP: Lyft does not currently have an option with a child car seat, so you must supply your own, if needed.
- Detailed MCO (Orlando International Airport) Lyft pick-up info can be found here.
- This service is actually provided by Disney, vehicles are Disney-owned & Disney-operated even though the service is used via the Lyft app.
- You can attempt to use the promo code listed above for Lyft, however it may not be honored for Minnie Van rides.
- The good thing about this service is that each vehicle accommodates up to 6 Guests and is equipped with 2 versatile car seats.
- The cost (as of this 8/20/2018) is $25 per ride no matter the time, distance or number of people within Disney World.
- This service is mostly for use within Disney World. However, as of June 2018 Deluxe Resort guests can order the service to go from their resort to MCO (Orlando International Airport) for a fee of $150.
- Hours of operation and more info can be found on the Disney website.
Tips from other members