If you plan to use Uber, Lyft or Minnie Van service as airport transportation to/form your resort, or to get from place to place In-World, here is some info you can use and some promotion codes to save money if you are a new rider with either company. The Promos Codes below are only valid for riders that have never used the service before, but all the other info below is useful for anyone using any of these services.
TIP 1: If you used the service before but you are traveling with someone who hasn’t, have them create an account which will allow you to use these codes.
TIP 2: If you have kids that need a car seat it’s best if you are able to provide them. However if you don’t have them, make sure to select the service that has a Car Seat included! (ie. “UberX + Car Seat”) You will pay extra for this. So if you have your own seats with you, use them with a regular Uber/Lyft. Also, they typically will only have one car seat, so if you have more than one kid that needs it, you’ll certainly have to bring your own. (Info on Florida Car Seat Laws) Lyft does not offer a car seat service at this time. You can also choose the Minnie Van service which has up to 3 car seats available (see below).
TIP 3: If you have 4 people and a lot of bags, you’ll likely need a UberXL/LyftXL car so you and your stuff will fit. If you have more than 4 people and a lot of bags, you may need two cars to get everyone and everything to fit, so keep that in mind when you summon the ride. You also might consider using the Minnie Van service which touts “Each vehicle accommodates up to 6 Guests & 8 medium-sized suitcases”
- You can get cost estimates in the app or by going here.
- Click here for Info on “UberFamily” (getting a ride with one child car seat).
- Detailed MCO (Orlando International Airport) Uber pickup info can be found here.
- Promo code: n4rcz1pkue (DO NOT ENTER THIS INTO THE APP UNTIL A DAY BEFORE YOU’RE READY TO USE IT OR IT MAY EXPIRE BEFORE YOU GET THE CHANCE!)
- Deal: Good for up to $25 off your first ride. (Offer varies by date and location of sign-up.)
- How to use: In the Uber app, go to “Payment” from the menu, then “Add Promo/Gift Code”
- You can get cost estimates in the app or by going here:
- Lyft does not currently have an option with a child car seat, so you must supply your own, if needed. (Or use Minnie Van service. See below).
- Detailed MCO (Orlando International Airport) Lyft pick-up info can be found here.
- Promo code: AWTP2019 (DO NOT ENTER THIS INTO THE APP UNTIL A DAY BEFORE YOU’RE READY TO USE IT OR IT MAY EXPIRE BEFORE YOU GET THE CHANCE!)
- Deal: Can save you as much as $50. (Offer varies based on date and location of sign-up. Savings may be spread out over multiple rides.)
- How to use: In the Lyft app, go to the “Promos” link from the menu, then follow instructions to enter the code.
- This service is actually provided by Disney, vehicles are Disney-owned & Disney-operated even though the service is used via the Lyft app.
- You can attempt to use the promo code listed above for Lyft, however it may not be honored for Minnie Van rides.
- The good thing about this service is that each vehicle accommodates up to 6 Guests and “is equipped with 2 versatile car seats” for transport In-World or “can be equipped with up to 3 complimentary car seats” for Airport Transport. (This according the their website as of 5/13/2019).
- The cost will vary based on the time, distance or number of people within Disney World.
- The cost to go from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to your Disney resort (or vice versa) is flat $150 and must be booked in advance by phone - can not be booked via the Lyft app. Follow link in next line for phone number.
- Hours of operation, phone number for airport reservations and more info can be found on the Disney website.
Tips from other members