Saw a blurb on chat that this may not be running g the same way with the new MDE app update - anyone tested of experienced?
I have been worrying about this. Haven’t heard anything personally but would be sad to see this go by the wayside.
Oh nooo – what did they say on Chat??
There’s a very long thread which confused me a lot but I think the gist was that you can see all available times, not just a selection - but so can everyone else, so by the time you hit the time you want, it can be gone.
Well that does not make me happy one bit.
I wonder what this means… will we all go back to using those in-park FP machines?! (I assume not, but…??)
I doubt it. Looks like you will still be able to modify but maybe not as much or it may take longer. I expect we’ll find out more pretty quickly.
I have tested it out. It appears you see all availability at once instead of having personally reserved times. This can be good, for example I was having FOP and Navis pop up during non-drop times which was exceedingly rare before. But, if you don’t click on a time immediately, you get a “sorry that is no longer available” message when you do. This never happened under the old system.
So, the good news is:
- you can see all available options, which could be particularly great at 30 or 60 days.
- refresh is still helpful because FP are moving in and out of the system all the time. And now you have a better chance of seeing it them. So refresh was giving me new options.
The bad news is:
- you have to move fast/be lucky and be the first to pick up a time;
- this means a lot more moving back and forth between screens when using a refresh strategy because of the number of times you get the error message;
- the same day drops will probably get picked up much more quickly as everybody will see them;
- there is a glitch right now where the “confirm” page is sometimes giving people a different time than they selected. This is a no good glitch.
I think there is real upside here but it is a whole new world. I think selecting anytime and then modifying becomes WAY more important. Having the ride you want at the top of the screen, instead of having to scroll down to find it will definately give you a few second edge.
What about just using the website? I’ve been using this since it’s less glitchy.
According to the thread it’s the same there.
The web and old versions of the app are all working the same way (i.e. showing all available FP). I cannot say if the web has the same glitch of moving people’s times.
Great strategy! So if I go ahead and use this method, does that mean there would be no point in sticking to my personalised TP?
Thanks! I really hate the times I was able to get for some of my rides, everything early morning was already booked. I had to change most my selections FP+, making all that work planning my desired touring plans useless. My plan is to be early for rope drop to make up for the late fast pass selections.
So it sounds like its safe to hit modify and pick an earlier time without loosing your FP+ time. It was not clear to me that we could modify without risking our current selection.
This gives me some hope, but really its just nice to know that once were in line for our third choice we can begin picking our next one. Thanks for posting this info!