How to maximize the FPP system to minimize ALL of your waits – not just the first three

Yes, no matter how many you originally book, once you tap in to that first one, you should have the option to book the remaining original FPs (one or two more) at different parks. Another option is to book two other FPs in HS that you really don’t plan to use (you never know what you might decide to try once you’ve arrived), then just modify the remaining unused FPs to the other parks once you tap in to the first FP.

1 Like

I have a related-ish question – if you end up with an anytime anypark FPP (from the late night lotto or whatever), can you use it in Park A before your 3 pre-booked FPPs in Park B? For 3 out of our 7 days with FPPs I have afternoon/evening FPPs booked and we’ll rely on RD and good touring plans for those mornings. I was wondering though if we ended up getting lucky with an anytime FPP if it can be used in a different park without cancelling later plans.

Pretty sure yes.

1 Like

How does this method word with a big party. Im coordinating the FP for our group of 9 at end of October.

[quote=“KellDy, post:164, topic:46642, full:true”]
How does this method word with a big party. Im coordinating the FP for our group of 9 at end of October.[/quote]
It’s a little tough with big parties - especially nine. I did this over Spring Break with my family of five, and availability was low for groups of five. You would really want to split the group up into smaller sub-groups to make this work well. Also, having others in your party help one of those other sub-groups out on the app would be great. You will spend your whole time on your phone if you don’t get some assistance.

It’s tough! Best bet is to break into smaller groups and do your best to overlap.

2 Likes

Been there done that. 1 person doing all the booking rarely pans out. Much better with a group of 9 to have 3 ppl working, best chances.

2 Likes

Thanks! We will have 3 people each do 3 FP at a time. My husband will find it fun, he misses the good old days when he ran ahead of us to get the paper FP.

6 Likes

Make sure ur 3 ppl are all linked together on MDE.

Remember with overlap that you can tap in 5 minutes early, and up to 15 late. So 3:30, 4 and 4:30 would all be able to ride at the same time

3 Likes

KellDy,
I was just talking to my now grown son about that. He and his brother would take turns running for the FPs… I much prefer those days!

4 Likes

my optimized plan doesn’t seeM realistic. My plans are for New Years week when it’s 10/10 crowd level. Is the anyway to take into account wait time based on crowd level.

The plan does that.

Share for review by everyone here?

Hi everyone, I d need your help. I am visiting with my wife and three and one year old daughters in December. Is it possible to buy a ticket for the one year old. My wife won’t go on many rides and thus my three year old daughter and I could go on extra attractions by her using her little sisters fastpass and me using my wife’s?

No. Children under 3 do not get tickets.

So you are not allowed to buy a ticket or you do not need one? Many thx.

There would have to be a person to attach the ticket to upon entry. So basically yes, you are not allowed.

Do children under 3 need fast passes then?

They can’t get them. For most things they will be lap children and enter on the FPP of the adult they are with. For the big stuff they will be too small and you’ll use RiderSwitch

2 Likes

Wow OBNurseNH thanks a lot for this tip! Never thought about it, the limited tier system in HS was driving me crazy. I wanted to get new fast passes for rides on the tier one, but I was stuck with all these freaking shows in tier two, but now everything changed thanks to you!