How to maximize the FPP system to minimize ALL of your waits – not just the first three

You can get another Tier 1 after you’ve used your two Tier 2s. We got multiple rides on Soarin
this way.

This is awesome. Thank you for taking the time to write this out! Will most definitely do in October.

@OBNurseNH and you have a party of 4 right? Did you got FP for everyone or did you split the party?

Everyone in our party for same time. I did not bother working the overlapping FPP situation

Thank you! As a newbie, I find this easy to understand. Can I ask a probably obvious question? Why does the modify strategy work? People change their pass times and new times open up?

Yes, people change plans - they modify too! - and probably sometimes Disney tosses a few in the pot to engage in a bit of crowd control

Yep! For every family who is back at their resort and running late for the bus moving their FP+ to later, there is another one in the park “modifying”.

I think there’s more to it. I think MDE doesn’t show you all the available times. Just a selection.

When I’ve booked an initial FPP for the first time I’ve looked for a nice time. If I don’t find one, I book something close, then immediately modify it. This has tended to work pretty much every time. I can’t believe that in the 30 seconds it takes to go back in to modify the FPP, the exact slot I want has been released by someone else. I think MDE just gives you a random selection.

Because who wants a FPP time that reads 11:05 for example

Exactly!

Thanks for this! Will definitely be using this strategy in December!

This is awesome!!! I think we will use it for our second day at MK in August!! It is effectively what we did in Disneyland last year with MaxPass!

This is fantastic!!! Thank you!!!

I have gotten back to back at HS for Star Tours. Didn’t try the others. We have 5 in our family, so back to back is a little tougher to get for some attractions. I did get within an hour for EE at AK and within a 1/2 hour for SE at Epcot. I think I got within a couple of hours for TT. But AK and Epcot are so spread out that having a bit of a gap was ok. We got 4 or 5 extra fastpasses at MK one day, including Buzz, PPF and BTMR. Modifying definitely works. This is a nice explanation of how it works.

And we did overlapping FPs with 5 people for some of the tougher to get FPs.

This is awesome! Just what I needed.

The only question I still have is about Tiers. And I know it exists somewhere else. But what is the best way to get a fourth FPP at a tiered park - use the tier 1 last? And do you have to use all three tiered FPP at that park? And, no surprise I am sure, but for us we want to use two Tier 1 FPP at the park.

As far as getting the fourth at a tiered park, I’m not sure it much matters since you do need to use all three first anyway; I’m not sure the timing is extremely relevant.

Our family doesn’t do much hopping ever, really, so I haven’t paid enough attention to those discussions to be able to answer the issue of whether using all three at one park is important or not. I don’t think so, but hopefully someone else can chime in here an take the reins on that.

If you want to stay in the same park and are using your first 3, it doesn’t matter what order they are in. If you don’t want to ride the tier 2 attractions, you can let them expire if they are before your tier 1 - but then you won’t be able to move your tier 1 to an earlier slot. Better to tap in but not ride.

If you want to hop, you could just do a tier 1 (or whatever combination) in the first park, and immediately book a tier 1 in the second park.

Thanks @missoverexcited. That’s how I thought it worked, but since we don’t really hop I didn’t want to speak out of turn :slight_smile:

I can feel you from personal experience that thus strategy really works - I didn’t really believe it until last year when we tried it. We are a group of 5 travelling in August and we got around 8 FPPs on our day in MK (RD to about 5pm).