Planning phase completed- now I have to wait for the trip šŸ˜’ So depressed!

I couldnā€™t agree more!

Iā€™m at 53 days and keeping myself busy by trying to modify all the FPP I couldnā€™t get or got crappy times for!

1 Like

You never know when something might come up. Donā€™t be surpised if you get the chance to tweak something. I agree with the watching of videowā€”I never watched you tube much but planning this trip Iā€™ve watched it a ton! Every day!

1 Like

Iā€™m thrilled to learn itā€™s not just me. Here I thought Iā€™d get so much more done after the 60 day markā€¦but down to 34 days and Iā€™ve probably filled all of that ā€œextraā€ time with these forums, YouTube, etc. etc. etc.

My name is Kelly and Iā€™m a planning addict.

8 Likes

I know just how you feel!

I do all of the things you all mentioned above and my husband thinks Iā€™m crazy. Iā€™m so glad Iā€™m not the only one :joy:

2 Likes

Lucky you. I have to wait until next September, having booked it in April when free DDP became available (UK site)!! Oh well plenty of time for planningā€¦

I was looking forward to being done at 60 days but I still have to try to get 3 elusive FP and modify one ADR timeā€¦so I kind of envy you b/c I just wish Iā€™d gotten those FP. I know you you feel thoughā€”still so far away. Plenty of packing time thoughā€¦my family has a hard time getting packed on time so I should start like yesterday. :wink:

It could be worse. Pity the poor folks who are done at 90 days because they have club level FP. They just spend the time figuring out if they really need that FOP FP at 9:00. or 9:15 will do.

3 Likes

I just booked 5 days worth of club level and regular FPP on Wednesday for our holiday trip. It was amazing! So nice to call on your own schedule, and get everything at the exact time you wanted. It could not have gone smoother, SS was wonderful to work with. I may be too spoiled to ever stay non Club level again!

4 Likes

How do you hunt for more fastpasses while in a park?

But you do have to sit around and twiddle your thumbs for 90 days.:smile:
Although youā€™re right, itā€™s a fair trade-off.
I guess you can play with your ADRs if you donā€™t have anything better to do. If I had it to do over again, Iā€™d have cut some of them out.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget to re-evaluate those plans every now and then. Keep updating with the most recent data so that your plans donā€™t get thrown for a loop and so, if they do, you have time to rearrange.

Seriously! I am listening to YouTube videos and podcasts while I do everything! And I stalk the forums four or five times a day.

I only booked club for 4 out of our 10 days, so I still had the 60 day rush. Not as crazy since I had already booked all the E-tickets, but I did have some days where I didnā€™t purchase for everyone, so I had to match up some FPs. That was slightly challenging, but after tweaking I got everything within 5 minutes. With 51 days left I am now picking out matching shirts :smiley:

2 Likes

2nd sticky for the TP WDW forum:

1 Like

Just booked mine today! Thatā€™ll be me!!

1 Like

You wonā€™t be sorry. It seems like a pretty big expense in the beginning, but the whole vacation is, isnā€™t it? I looked at it like trip insurance Iā€™d actually use.

1 Like

Yes, I am nervous going down with our family of six during New Yearā€™s and worried about picking up FPā€™s for the headliners on the fly throughout the day. Although I know what I am doing (thanks to all of you lovely folks and the app with my TPā€™s), I donā€™t want to have my face buried in my phone the whole time and Iā€™m happy knowing I at least have our must-doā€™s booked. The rest Iā€™m sure I can navigate on my own!

1 Like

You definitely donā€™t need to have your face buried in the phone the whole time. Pretty much just while youā€™re walking through the line on the ride you just tapped into. Then, if youā€™re doing same day dropsā€¦I recommend setting an alarm for about 3 minutes before each drop to try and grab and modifyā€¦so you donā€™t have to keep checking your phone.

3 Likes