How much time to make FPP selections

Hi!
My FPP selection date is going to be 9/25. I’m just curious, if I’m making selections for six days of park visits, how long do you think that would take? I’ve never done this before, so I’m not sure if it’ll be a quick and easy process or if it’ll take forever and I’ll be pulling my hair out. I’m trying to figure out if I will have time to make selections before I leave for work that morning (at 7:30…doesn’t leave me much time), or if I should get to work early and just do it there. My SIL (traveling with us) might also be making reservations, we haven’t worked out all the details yet, so I don’t know whether I’ll have to do ALL the reservations myself. I’ve been trying to search (forum and google) to get an idea of how long it’ll take but can’t seem to find anything, so any help would be much appreciated!

Assuming the system is working, it’s really quick. The trouble is, the system so often isn’t working.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks :slight_smile: I will try to get it done first thing and then if I need to do some later, I’ll finish at work. I am excited but a little nervous!

1 Like

To make FP day go a little smoother I have the date, which park I’m going to, and the times I would like to schedule my FP.
Once I start making my FP selections I will check off if I got that time, if my time is not available I write down what the new FP time next to it.
Good Luck!!

4 Likes

Yes that’s what I do!

2 Likes

I did mine last week for 3 people, 8 days and it took 90 minutes. Lots of glitches. Patience is required. It worked much better after the first half hour.

2 Likes

I believe I finished 9 days, 3 people in just under an hour. The system was relatively well behaved with only a couple glitches. If the system is flaky that will be your real time killer…

3 Likes

Wow. I did our last 14 day trip in less than 30 minutes. But there were no glitches at all. I actually did them at my desk at work while trying to hide the fact I was using my phone from my boss!!

5 Likes

I did mine this morning for 8 days with 11 people. It took me 45 minutes. I had everything all planned out with which rides and times I was hoping to get, and that really helped. Chrome and Safari didn’t work with the Disneyworld website, even after clearing cookies, so I ended up doing it all on my phone through the app.

4 Likes

Yep. I had mine in order and used the laptop and phone. Both. It just kept crashing that day. Got them though. Lol

3 Likes

I’m worried about my next trip, the system seems so much worse now!

5 Likes

Thanks everyone! It definitely sounds manageable. My mother-in-law did our dining reservations and she spent pretty much all day on it :astonished: But, she had to make some phone calls to try and get us all in around the same time (there’s 10 of us going, and some of our reservations are split, like 6/4, 7/3, and even one 4/3/3). I am just glad to know FPP isn’t going to be an all-day affair!

And yes, I definitely plan to have a list of the rides and times I’m going to be aiming for! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would recommend you get to work early and do it from there. My FP+ day was earlier this month. I was on the computer and ready before 7am, had my entire priorities list mapped out so I knew what I was doing. (My DH works in IT so our computer and internet connection were in good shape too.) The website failed/froze repeatedly and at 7:27am I only had 3 FPs secured. It broke loose not too long after that and I was done by 7:45… But if you have to leave no later than 7:30 I wouldn’t chance it.

4 Likes

Yes, same for me! Seemed like right at/after 7:30 it cleared up and I was able to get everything pretty quickly. Made me wonder if lots of other people were done and had signed off so it wasn’t as bogged down.

3 Likes

That was exactly my experience. Things finally started working about 7:30. Before then, it was a struggle with little to show for it. But pretty quick after that.

2 Likes

I was a first timer earlier this year. Party of 5, 6 day tickets. West coast, ready to go at 4am, got everything including FOP on 2 days, plus 7DMT, all done in 30-40 minutes. Waited for the adrenalin to subside and then back to bed until regular wake up time.

5 Likes

Are you planning on getting the same FP+s for everyone, or are you going to get different things for each person? If there are going to be a lot of differences, it will require a lot more time, than all the same.

2 Likes

Pretty sure we’re doing all the same. We’ve now gotten into more planning, and have our MK options decided (doing 2.5 days there). I think we should be okay getting what we want because we’re actually not going for some of the headliner rides. We’ve got three littles age 5 and under, and just found out my SIL is pregnant so she can’t do coasters and things. I’ve done a lot more research than she has (thanks to TP!) and sent her some info that helped…today she’s looking at AK and Epcot so we will have those decided soon, too!
Thanks again for all the help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, if your boss had ANY sense of Disney Magic, you should just be able to tell him/her that you have to schedule your fast passes, and he’d excuse you from any dereliction of duties!

3 Likes

We go for two weeks at a time, and it usually takes me just over an hour to do our Fastpasses, including the time it takes to fine tune what I can once everything is booked - new time slots open up all the time as people change their FPs to better suit their plans for the day. I’ve thankfully never had any technical issues. :slight_smile:

3 Likes