How much time to make FPP selections

It was quite a new job, and funnily enough she was going for her first ever trip about 10 days before mine. I bombarded her with questions when I found out and she clearly thought I was mental. I lent her my UG, and a few weeks later she came in and asked in horror if I had booked my ADRs at 180 days…she did manage to do her FPs just after 60 days. But it’s safe to say she didn’t really get it and wouldn’t have been impressed!!

3 Likes

I did 8 days of FPs. In light of recent posts complaining about MDE crashing, I had 4 devices at my disposal (desktop, laptop, android phone, iPad). I had them all logged in 5 minutes before start time.

It took me about an hour.

I did not have any BIG issues. If one device gave me an error, I moved to a different device. That usually worked. If one device was “loading,” I’d use another device to do the next FP.

I had an excel spreadsheet of all my FPs I needed. They were in order of importance (like SDD and FoP were first on the list). It also listed the day and time (and backup times if a FP wasn’t available anymore at the time I wanted).

Got everything I wanted.

3 Likes

I tend to be very deliberate, so it might take me 20-30 minutes to get through making FPP for a 6 day trip and noting all the times I’ve chosen (I keep track outside of MDE, just for my own records). However, I’ll make tentative touring plans ahead of time to figure out what attractions I want on each day and what times I want.

If it were a morning when I were pressed for time, then I’d just make FPP I wanted for the most popular attractions, FoP, 7DMT, SDD, FEA, etc in the morning, then fill in the others when I had more time later than day or night.

Folks are right, though, that some mornings MDE isn’t working smoothly, so be prepared with your computer and smartphone, since sometimes the app works better than the computer, sometimes the computer works better, and sometimes neither works.

3 Likes