How much do "normal" people know about WDW planning?

Hmm. It was buried inside another thread not long ago.

Maybe, if @OBNurseNH would be so inclined, it would worth having a new thread created dedicated to the topic where she explains the rules of the game, so to speak, in one, easy-to-find location. In the other thread, I kept pestering her for answers to my questions on how she did it, which she graciously answered. After that I professed my love for her. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you heard of the modifying trick (that isn’t a trick) much mentioned on chat? It’s that.

No, I’m pretty new to the forums :blush:

I’m working at the moment but would be happy to do so a bit later :slight_smile: Perhaps we can have it pinned to the top of the page.

4 Likes

Basically, you book for any time and then modify it, going back and forth for a while till something earlier comes up. Rinse and repeat till you get one that’s basically immediate. Ride, then do the same.

I’m looking for the thread but I’m not sure I’ll find it.

1 Like

It’s this one. I’ve managed to make it be halfway down the thread, but just scroll up.

3 Likes

Yep. That’s it. Good work! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I was pretty sure it was one of @profmatt’s so it wasn’t too hard to find.

That would be wonderful- thank you so much!

1 Like

It still won’t let you modify it within the same hour as another reservation, right? So, if I have one from 10-11, I couldn’t get one for 10:30 for another ride unless I already rode the first at 10:10, say.

That’s right, you can’t overlap but you could ride the 10am one at 10 and get another (or bring your next one forward) to 10.05.

1 Like

Thank you so much- I think I’m starting to get the hang of it!

1 Like

As a member of this community I think you, and everyone here, add to this wonderful place! I do appreciate the joy everyone has given me.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for your quick and helpful replies! Today was my first time posting questions to the forum, though I’ve been reading it for month or so, and I appreciate your courtesy.

I’ll be doing a first trip in Oct and have really enjoyed the planning process. I feel like I’m getting a PhD in Disney Worldology with all the research I’ve been doing, and I’m not sure what I’ll do with my free time once the trip is over (probably should go back to doing research related to my actual PhD, for a start). The title of this thread caught my eye, because I cannot imagine doing Disney/Universal any other way, but I always dive in and learn as much as I can about a place before I go there.

3 Likes

You will start planning the next one (even if you now say this is your only trip ever)

4 Likes

We have been to Disney many times but last year was the first time we stayed on site(OKW) and I must say it was the BEST by far because I planned every little thing down to ADR, fastpasses and everything else I could I cannot wait to go back next year to AKL so I can decide which resturants to eat at when my 180 days come round and which parks we will visit on what days let the fun begin.

2 Likes

Yes! I have tried to help several friends and family members and the response is basically crickets.

1 Like

I would love to have that link, too!

Thanks! Some of us will be anxiously waiting!

1 Like

It’s up.

1 Like