How much do "normal" people know about WDW planning?

Unless you spontaneously decide to see it while you’re there! (And please don’t ask me to explain what it means to be “spontaneous”. There aren’t enough words in the dictionary…)

4 Likes

The single most important thing I’ve learned on this forum since I’ve joined is not how to make a great plan, where to eat, what to do when, etc. It is what @OBNurseNH taught us about how to effectively use the FP+ system after you tap in for your initial three.

That was life changing. A complete game changer.

Now I want to go JUST to try it out! :slight_smile:

To misquote Doc Brown: Plans? Where we’re going, we don’t need plans.

4 Likes

I love this! I want to do this! But I’m scared, lol

The word “spontaneous” is in my dictionary. But I’ve scratched it out and can’t read what it says.

I have actually scheduled an afternoon to try this. I will report back. If it is anything other than an unqualified success, there will be consequences.

1 Like

I learn something new here every day, too, and am so thankful for this forum & the great posters! I’ve always been one of the aimless wanderers. I’ve been 3 times in the last 3 years but I contribute hardly anything because I don’t have much to contribute… Traveling in mid-Dec this year with husband, 2 adult DD’s, 1 adult DS, their spouses, DGD8, DGD4, DGS5, DGS11mos. Made res last year & have been reading here ever since. Hopefully I can “pay back” with some worthwhile info after I recover from the Dec trip!

2 Likes

I’m so scurrrrred!!!

4 Likes

Can someone please link to this discussion? I’ve been searching around but cannot find the post referenced. Thank you!

2 Likes

It’s the only way I can do it. I tried with a plan in Feb, but beyond making one ADR/day if that and my FP+ any more of a plan feels too restrictive and smothering.

It is probably that I’ve been going since well before the internet and books and OMG I HAVE TO DO XYZ OR MY TRIP WILL BE A FAILURE that makes me so “must plan it out to the moment” averse. Also not being allergic to lines helps. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmm. It was buried inside another thread not long ago.

Maybe, if @OBNurseNH would be so inclined, it would worth having a new thread created dedicated to the topic where she explains the rules of the game, so to speak, in one, easy-to-find location. In the other thread, I kept pestering her for answers to my questions on how she did it, which she graciously answered. After that I professed my love for her. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you heard of the modifying trick (that isn’t a trick) much mentioned on chat? It’s that.

No, I’m pretty new to the forums :blush:

I’m working at the moment but would be happy to do so a bit later :slight_smile: Perhaps we can have it pinned to the top of the page.

4 Likes

Basically, you book for any time and then modify it, going back and forth for a while till something earlier comes up. Rinse and repeat till you get one that’s basically immediate. Ride, then do the same.

I’m looking for the thread but I’m not sure I’ll find it.

1 Like

It’s this one. I’ve managed to make it be halfway down the thread, but just scroll up.

3 Likes

Yep. That’s it. Good work! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I was pretty sure it was one of @profmatt’s so it wasn’t too hard to find.

That would be wonderful- thank you so much!

1 Like

It still won’t let you modify it within the same hour as another reservation, right? So, if I have one from 10-11, I couldn’t get one for 10:30 for another ride unless I already rode the first at 10:10, say.

That’s right, you can’t overlap but you could ride the 10am one at 10 and get another (or bring your next one forward) to 10.05.

1 Like

Thank you so much- I think I’m starting to get the hang of it!

1 Like