How Far I'll Go: A First Marathon Live(?)Trip Report

Ugh oh… what are the choices for the decision?

1 Like

I think it’s citricos vs cali grill

1 Like

We do not have dinner plans because we were not planning to be here this early. What should we do for dinner near beach club that would offer us a nice big fat salad with some kind of protein on top?

4 Likes

Does big river grill have something for you? We ate there twice without an ADR and didn’t wait

Pepperoni pizza from the Pizza Window on the Boardwalk.

(oregano = lettuce, crust= croutons, marinara = dressing, pepperoni = protein, cheese = cheese)

9 Likes

Do they take walk ups? They have no reservations available

1 Like

I mean, ale and compass Parker house rolls come with onion jam and I’m sure they have eggs in them, so they’re basically a salad, right?

4 Likes

The “healthy” options kinda blow here tbh.

They all have lighter salad that’s mostly greens and maybe veggies if I’m lucky. Protein is much harder to find.

That being said, Yachtsman has great steak options.

3 Likes

Maybe you can get them to put a filet on a salad /shrug

They did for us but that was 2 years ago

1 Like

Also, I’ve been Grubhub-ing WaWa every day, so there’s another option.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking . . . but the lounge connected to it b/c walk up only. I had their Caesar salad in November and thought it was really good.

2 Likes

Is Big River Grille even open? It doesn’t show a pin on the map in the app.

Does Hurricane Hannah’s have big salads? I remember having a nice lighter meal there a couple years ago. Bluezoo probably has something too.

1 Like

Just sat down to catch up on the forum. I am so excited to follow along! You are amazing!

Also, your post almost inspired me to take on running, which is saying a lot! :joy:

6 Likes

Excellent. I know you are as big a fan of Cali as I am. DW is taking me there for my birthday next week.

3 Likes

Yay!! I’ll be tracking your run. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Called Big River directly. All set! :blush::blush:

Expo was easy but all sold out of a lot of merch and not restocking even though 2 more days to go…

Hit up Publix and settled in to our room.

Now to go eat!!

9 Likes

Woah, just pulled up their menu. They weren’t on my radar before because I never saw availability. But they’re on my radar now!

3 Likes

You have to call them directly. Or walk up wait list

2 Likes