How do you do your countdown?

62 days for me until I’m standing in front of Cindarella’s Castle.

Each day I Google (for example) “62”, pick a picture, and set it as the wallpaper on my phone.

Here are some recent ones:

3 Likes

I have a countdown app. I actually deleted it recently as I was running out of space and don’t even have a countdown, but it has a choice of Disney backdrops, or you can use your own pic.

1 Like

I love this idea! :heart_eyes: I use an app like @missoverexcited, it has a picture of Cinderella Castle. I also have a chalkboard countdown in my kitchen.

1 Like

This is a great idea! @missoverexcited I just realized I have not downloaded or set my countdown app. I deleted it after my last trip!

2 Likes

I kept mine for a while but it made me sad so I was glad to get rid really! I’ll download it again when I get a countdown.

I used to always set a countdown, even if I changed it but then without a countdown I couldn’t stand to look at it. It was like it was taunting me!

1 Like

I know when I think I am going, but it feels like tempting fate to set a countdown!

1 Like

Great idea! So in the end, I will have 521 pictures :smiley: I hate that it is still so far away.

2 Likes

Mine is much further away, and still not set in stone :pensive:

2 Likes

My kids started our countdown at 596…

We made Disney themed paper chains. I’ll try and get some pictures in the morning

2 Likes

Which is worse? A flight from the UK to Australia (about 24 hours) or a flight from the UK to Boston (about 7 hours).

It’s the US flight.

When I got on the plane to Australia, I knew I’d be on that plane forever. There was no hope of getting off. The flight was just too long. So I gave up hope and just did my best to enjoy the flight.

But when I get on a flight to the US, because it’s relatively short I’m constantly thinking “are we nearly there yet?”

So MickeyMouse1205 has 521 days to go. That’s such an unimaginably long time that they can just forget it and get on with their lives.

But I’ve only got 62. So near but so far. It’s an agonising wait! I’m going to go insane. I know I am!

4 Likes

I can relate. I’m 182… And have the killer 36 hours fly time to get there from Australia to drag out that last day!

3 Likes

I don’t consider my 9 hour flight to Orlando short! Short is 2.5 hours to Majorca. Though to be fair, I’ve never been to Australia.

2 Likes

I update a bar chart each day and have it as my wallpaper on my PC. I have it rotate with other charts I’ve prepared that track the money we’ve saved for the trip so far. I’ve removed the currency data from the charts here, because it’s an embarrassingly large amount of money we’re spending, but I’m sure everyone here can relate.

6 Likes

Wow, I am impressed!

I would judge your inappropriate level of expenditure but given that I multiplied my initial budget by 2.5, I feel like it might look hypocritical :rofl:

1 Like

That is way cool!

I use the DaysToGo app mentioned on the BOG podcast.

My holiday is costing more than I paid for my car!

2 Likes

Always come to Boston when you can. Boston is one of the best cities in the world.

2 Likes