How do such old threads get resurrected?

I see one just now that has been resurrected after 3 years.

How does this happen, do you think? Do people do a search and not realize the information is like, wicked old? Or do the threads somehow bounce to the top of the list of threads depending on how you sort?

Just seeing this a few times this week and it has me boggled.

4 Likes

Yeah, searches don’t order based on date at all. In particular, I’ve started setting my “advanced” search to only find threads after July 1, this year. I wonder if that’s something that should be default, at some point… like, this is too old, it goes to the bottom of the list.

1 Like

Yes, you have to change your filters to “most recent”.

Threads are not deleted or archived.

I think the recent thread that resurfaced was still great info? There are some topics that it is a struggle to find detail information anywhere, and a forum thread will show up with a Google search.

3 Likes

I accidentally resurrected an old thread when I was newer to the forum (still consider myself pretty new)… someone thought it was funny (whew) but I just responded cuz it was interesting to me. Sorry :crazy_face:

2 Likes

6 Likes

I bumped a thread this morning by accident. I saw the thread, didn’t realize I was in the Suggest Topics, since I was on my phone, until I posted. Oops

3 Likes

I never knew Suggest Topics was a thing!

That’s an interesting observation. Thanks!

1 Like

I think others are right that it often happens when people search for a topic.

I have resurrected old threads when the question discussed is essentially the same as I have, but just needs to be updated. Chances are someone will search for that question again at some point and it will be good to have more recent answers in the thread.

5 Likes

If you scroll all the way down, that is where I see them. Unfortunately they are all new topics now. Maybe it pulls old threads if you’re up to date on all the reading.

3 Likes

Charge your phone! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

51%? Not an emergency yet. Talk to me at 3% :joy:

6 Likes

I usually don’t worry about charging till I hit 20%. But iPhones don’t have a yellow bar unless you’re on low power mode, so it isn’t as alarming when you’re between 20-80%. I would get daily anxiety if my phone did that. :joy:

Edit: Just realized @alittlerandr has an iPhone so must be low power mode.

2 Likes

Oh weird. I never switch to low power mode. Even at 3%

I live dangerously

3 Likes

I was confused by this. It’s over 50%! I am on low power mode.

I am similar to @OBNurseNH, I don’t charge my phone until it’s under 5%. I have a stone-age model and need to upgrade soon.

2 Likes

If you go on low power mode, it will not turn off until you charge to 80%. I rarely use low power mode after I discovered some apps not working correctly.

1 Like

Interesting, I didn’t know that. Thank you for the tip!

1 Like

I found threads under suggested as well. I go in, read them before checking the date, and I “heart” peoples comments.

I was hearting a few from 2015 in the DVC section. If they got alerts…sorry, not sorry :laughing: Thank you for your contribution to the forum! It’s still appreciated all these years later!

7 Likes

Search occasionally - it’s a catch-22 with search…don’t and you may get told “Do a search!” or do and you get “Why resurrect such an old thread?”

Also there are always threads that show at the bottom of whatever one I’m reading. I have clicked on more than one where the subject catches my eye, but realize on reading that it is super old.

Okay. Just want to clear something up.

From some of the replies I think people took this wrong.

I’m not angry.

I’m not being critical.

I was genuinely confused about how and why such old threads resurface from time to time.

5 Likes

7 Likes