How Disney Could Fix Genie+

Why do you think it is against the rules to buy double tickets?

I disagree with most of the OP’s suggestions. The real priorities should be allowing to modify and to ensure the return time that is posted is actually the time you get.

3 Likes

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

Tickets, credentials and other entitlements are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, revocable and void if altered. The ticket must be used by the same person on all days during its period of validity and is not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. Applicable ticket and valid identification confirmation are required for entry, re-entry or if applicable, crossover into any park on each day of the ticket’s validity. Tickets used to redeem or access benefits and entitlements such as Disney Genie+ service must be the same ticket used for park entry.

That does not say you cannot buy multiple sets of tickets. You enter the park or parks with both sets, so you are able to use all the benefits of both sets. You don’t just enter with 1 set, both must be tapped. Just because you personally don’t agree with something doesn’t mean it is against the rules. Not sure why you would even care- if someone wants to spend twice as much on tickets to get twice the benefits, so be it. Disney does not care.

2 Likes

Better yet, allow selection of your window.

2 Likes

I guess you can technically. I was thinking still about using other party member tickets, which sort of this would be soft breaking the rule since you would have to register yourself as a second MDE person who is a fake you? It’s obviously not enforceable and I agree they don’t care. You would need to leave and re enter the park to activate the second band but you would already have your LL at 7am since you don’t reserve at park entry.

I guess it just eventually competes with booking a VIP tour is the only constraint price wise.

1 Like

Reading this over again I love how all the same issues (and new ones 12am G+ purchase) still persist and they think just increasing price to counter demand is going to fix anything…

1 Like

How Disney Could Fix Genie+ : The Guest Perspective - see above

How Disney Could Fix Genie+: The Execs Perspective - fix nothing, charge more

4 Likes

I’ve been giving this some thought off and on. The core problem is lack of enough ride capacity. Disney is unwilling to add more. There is zero reason that Disney World can’t add more rides every year than my local Six Flags. Particularly since the ones at Six Flags are very technical thrill rides.

They could greatly expand the hours. Have MK and HS open from 6am to midnight every stinking day. Have AK close whenever needed for the animals, and EP can open when it does now since that doesn’t seem to be a morning park. The customer base is motivated and people would spread themselves out. For example, I could totally see my family doing 6am to noon, with a long nap, then 6pm to midnight.

1 Like

Agreed.

Disagree. Sort of. I think amusement parks like Six Flags, or Cedar Fair parks, etc., can constantly add new rides is because there, frankly, isn’t much to those riders. Throw in some supports, and a bunch of steel, and you’re done.

Rides at Disney are more than that, though. They are experiences. The reason you go to Disney versus Six Flags is for those experiences. And those experiences takes a whole lot more work in conceptualization and execution. So, putting in a ride a year is a little harder to pull off compared to a Six Flags.

Having said that…Disney USED to be much more proactive about giving us new experiences…but that has seemed to have just stalled out…so much so, that Disney isn’t even bothering to tell us about anything new in the pipeline any longer as the used to (cough Tron cough).

I find it really telling that UOR can build an entirely NEW third park, which by all accounts will be their most elaborate park yet, in under 5 years. In the very least, we used to see Disney giving us LANDS in about that time frame (Pandora and SWGE)…but now…we still have a crater in the middle of Epcot that is essentially giving us almost nothing new, really.

3 Likes

And that straight after opening a richly themed world-beating rollercoaster that came hot on the heels of a super-richly themed world-beating rollercoaster.

GOTG is cool, but Remy and Tron are decade-old rip-offs from other parks.

6 Likes

I put most Disney’s rides halfway between Six Flags and a carnival ride. They don’t all have to be Rise. Put in a dark boat ride with animatronics of the latest animated movie, and keep doing that.

3 Likes

Eh, there’s a lot of rides that are basic midway rides with some theming or IP slapped on (even some of the icons - Dumbo, Mad Tea Party, Prince whatever carousel, etc fall into this) . And they are fun, eat up capacity, and make it feel like the parks are a better value.

For Dinosaur, they threw in Primeval Whirl and Triceratops Spin (helped by the carnival theme, sure, but I don’t think super necessary). Dearly beloved rides? Nope. But something to do, especially having a little kid appropriate ride near the more thrilling/elaborate stuff targeted at the older crowd.

I’m surprised they didn’t put an animal trail (like Maharaj or Gorilla Falls) in Pandora with animatronics or a natural history type museum of Pandora flora/fauna. Would have really helped round out the land.

3 Likes

And that’s where the extra time comes in. Which is kind of the point. Disney does “extra” stuff to their rides that make them much more complex projects…even if the ride mechanism itself is bare-bones basic.

2 Likes

Although…you could argue that Na’vi kind of is just that.

2 Likes

Right, but they developed a crazy advanced animatronic for it. And probably other new effects. When a walkthrough natural history type exhibit/museum wouldn’t have required boats, water, moving pieces, or much cast to operate.

I’m not saying it’s the exact right answer, but they need more rides and attractions. They don’t all need to be huge investments.

2 Likes

This is absolutely true…and why it just is mind-boggling that Disney had no firm announcements to say what they are planning to do with the languishing DinoLand, other than some blue sky concepts that are what fans have been asking for for years now (meaning…Disney didn’t have to do any creativity to “suggest” those blue sky ideas…just spit out what the fans have already been asking for).

It just gets to be so frustrating. Setting aside all the price increases and controversies of G+, etc…why are we not able to talk about the “next big thing” coming to Disney? Because…Disney HAS NO “next big thing”. :confused:

3 Likes

The way to get new attractions in your visit is to space your visits 3 years apart. :wink: On our trip in August, we had plenty of new things that opened in between: Remy, MMRR, ROTR, GOTG, and I guess we can count PhilharMagic since it has some updates.

We are done with Disney trips, but I know if we went back in 3 years the only new things would probably be Tron and the updated Splash.

3 Likes

This, except they will only do that with higher prices which right now is extra hours and evening events. Everything makes sense when you realize they switched to value based pricing strategies and dropped customer satisfaction as a primary metric for per guest revenue as their primary metric.

(sigh) I think you are right.

1 Like