Hoosiers Be Trippin’ - a trip report

Velocicoaster was a blast! Afterwards we sat at Burger Digs for fries & a cold drink (well, coffee for mama). Currently waiting in line to meet a baby velociraptor.

13 Likes

You are my people.

Did you try hot Butterbeer?

1 Like

Thanks. From the pictures she is poting on social media it looks like she is having a good time.

1 Like

I have not! I still need to. I’ve only done frozen twice.
And I did add some of the frozen butter beer foam to my coffee yesterday at breakfast & it was like a sweetened creamer.

1 Like

We meet the baby velociraptor, Sierra. On our way to Mythos we came across King Julien. After that, the 8 year old & I did Poseidon’s Fury while waiting for our reservation. Just ordered gluten free pad Thai at Mythos & enjoying a cool table by a waterfall.

11 Likes

I will say, dining reservations have been absolutely essential this trip. We’ve seen multiple people turned away when they tried to get a table at check-in without a reservation.

3 Likes

Is this on-ride photo new? I never got my picture from VC and I’ve ridden several times over the past year. But I may have completely bypassed it.

1 Like

Last trip, we did mobile order for Voodoo in the morning. Waited, waited, waited for it to be ready - only to find out that it was sitting there for about 20 minutes. DS is a donut fiend (he insists on pink giant donuts at Joffrey’s at WDW at every park) but he wasn’t impressed - so luckily, I don’t need to go through it again!

2 Likes

Yes! Also got a video. Did that with both Hagrid’s & Velocicoaster

3 Likes

My husband liked his maple & bacon bar. 6 year old did not like her Miami Vice berry & 8 year old thought it was “ok”.

I think it’s a one & done for us.

3 Likes

After Mythos lunch, we rode Cat in the Hat….again. 6 year old loves it. Walked to Spider-Man & rode that. I’m going to get grief for this, but I didn’t like Spider-Man :woman_shrugging: The entire family was like “meh.” I think we’re going to skip transformers since I’ve heard Spider-Man is the better version of the ride.

We did a meet and greet with Spidey himself. I have to go to the photo place tonight to load them on our photo pass account.

Afterwards, we hit up Popeye & Bluto’s. The lockers here are confusing as hell. But we loved the ride in the hot sun! We needed to cool down.

After that, we walked back to Royal Pacific. My husband took an hour nap in the room and I took the girls to the pool.

We are at Bigfire now for dinner. Reservations were at 6:15. We checked in at 6:05. Told we would get a text. Went back at 6:30 to check on how much longer— turns out we never got a text. I’m glad my husband had us check, because I’m the type that thinks we are being pushy by checking on it and not just waiting for the text.

10 Likes

I would agree with your assessment of Transformers - if you didn’t like Spidey, probably won’t enjoy it. I had Big Fire booked but cancelled last minute…did you like it?

2 Likes

I have heard mixed reviews on Bigfire— some love it, others have hated it. I felt like we were rolling the dice with this reservation. We absolutely loved it.

3 out of 4 of us ordered steaks, and they were cooked perfectly medium-rare. Very flavorful. The smashed potatoes were great, and my 6 year old’s Mac n cheese looked rich and delicious. She wishes she had ordered steak, but that’s a reflection on her ordering Mac n cheese far too much and she tried some of our steaks and loved them. They forgot my carrots when they brought the entrees out, but quickly remedied it.

DH & the girls got the bread appetizer and that was the only miss. They said it was just “okay”. They are waiting on their s’mores order right now. I wish I could partake but alas, it’s not gluten-free.

9 Likes

I was thinking of maybe just booking for dessert and drinks on our arrival night. That s’mores dessert is pushing me in that direction. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was debating trying Bigfire or Cowfish next time. That smores right there probably made up my mind. :yum:

Appetizers and dessert only may work too though.

3 Likes

I loved Bigfire when I went last October. I know the S’mores are the best crowd pleaser, but don’t sleep on the Baked Alaska dessert either. It’s great!

3 Likes

Well now I’m curious.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Done!

7 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like