Hoosiers Be Trippin’ - a trip report

It’s really good! Brownie cake base, then ice cream (I think it was chocolate and boysenberry maybe), surrounded with an incredible meringue. It’s been one of my favorite desserts since I was a little kid, but it’s pretty rare to find it on a restaurant menu so I was stoked!

7 Likes

I was just looking at the menu, but it doesn’t list cake. Hmmm

1 Like

There was definitely a brownie like base under that ice cream when I had it. I think you’d have to have something solid on the bottom or it wouldn’t hold its form? And I didn’t think it tasted like strawberry ice cream but :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I’m the outlier that prefers transformers to spidey. Still if spidey was a one and done, I don’t know that transformers is that much better.

2 Likes

Sorry to hijack your thread with dessert pics! :joy:. Looks like you’re having a great trip. I spied a Slytherin shirt on you, and Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw DD’s. What’s DH?

2 Likes

Also Ravenclaw! You’d think he’d be Gryffindor just to keep it full Hogwarts, but unfortunately not.

3 Likes

I would say bummer that he didn’t round out the 4 houses, but I’m biased towards Ravenclaw so can’t be disappointed with it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh, and keep the dessert pics coming. We have two more Universal trips booked so we need to keep our food planning going :joy:

2 Likes

Haha can do! I’ve done 3 Universal trips (plus another WDW trip with visits to Universal) in the last 2.5 years so am always happy to share my food joys :joy:

2 Likes

Cowfish is so good.

5 Likes

So based on all I’ve heard about Bigfire so far, it’s awesome as long as you avoid any bread products.
Apparently the bun ruins their burgers.
I’m really looking forward to going and trying some steak/seafood and desserts.
I’m glad you enjoyed it overall.
@katielouhou the baked Alaska looks fab. I would be between that and the Apple pie :yum:

3 Likes

We have Cowfish booked for Thursday night. I’m looking forward to it!

We have Vivo tonight & Toothsome for lunch on Friday. Will report back on alllllll the food.

We did Islands Dining Room for their breakfast buffet before our pool cabana at 9 am. Food was excellent! 6 year old got POG juice, which is a Disney favorite of ours & I mooched off of her. They made gluten free pancakes for me, included in buffet cost. Lots of options and great food quality. We loved the omelet station, too.

Checking out the gift shop & then hitting up the pool. Lots of sun today, then trying to hit the universal nighttime show at 9 pm tonight after Vivo.

11 Likes

I hope you enjoy Cowfish. The tuna nachos are amazing.

1 Like

Good to hear, we’re doing the Islands buffet in July!

1 Like

Pool pic & cabana views

14 Likes

Pool day was a success. Why is it so exhausting sitting and doing nothing in the sun?

We left for dinner early & are doing The Bourne Stuntacular. Currently in the queue for the 4:45 show. This was on my priority list, heard so many great reviews.

For any of you that watch vlogs, we’ve run into Rick Flix twice while here. The first time we said hello and he was super nice. Just saw him at the Hello Kitty show a few minutes ago, but we didn’t want to bother him. The man is working.

10 Likes

Nice! I hope to also someday. Probably easy to spot him, just look for the yellow! This would be his livestream day I believe.

2 Likes

Bourne Stuntacular was amazing! The whole family enjoyed it. I’d like to see it again. We even had time to ride ET before dinner and it was just like I remember.

Vivo was…good. I feel like I’m not a great person to judge this due to the whole gluten-free thing. The gf penne pasta they had was amazing. I chose the linguine & clams (but had to sub gf penne) and it was delicious. But it wasn’t enough to fill me up. So I added the caprese salad afterwards. But I didn’t have the luxury of the free bread (which my family raved about) and it was an Italian restaurant, so not conducive to gluten-free. My husband ordered the chicken parm and it filled him up. However, he didn’t rave about it. He grew up in upstate NY so he was surrounded by authentic Italian food and he said it was “just good.”

We checked out the tribute store after dinner and the shirt I wanted was out of my size :frowning:. Now we are in the splash zone at Universal, waiting on their cinematic celebration.

10 Likes

Oh, and I absolutely see them testing Hogwarts express while we wait for the show. Hoping it might open tomorrow?!?!? It’s gone back & forth on the tracks that you can see while staring at the lagoon, looking in between NY and San Francisco.

8 Likes

The Universal Cinematic celebration was very cute. We enjoyed it. The projections and fireworks were good, although it left me wondering why they would include “How to Train Your Dragon” when there are literally no rides or meet n greets for those characters in the parks (?)

We were worried, because minutes before 9 they announced a technical issue that would delay it. Gave us flashbacks to the Rivers of Light dining package that we bought back in 2018. The show kept having technical difficulties. It would play about 2 minutes of the start of the show, then power out, and then the announcement would come on saying “Namaste. We are having technical difficulties.” This happened 3 times before Disney gave up.

Luckily, Universal’s show started at 9:01, so we didn’t stay up for nothing.

We’re up & taking two leisurely days today and tomorrow and doing more character meet n greets and rides we still need to hit up.

5 Likes