Hokey Pokey with MK/Tron and HS

:rofl: Iā€™m easily confused so itā€™s possible Iā€™m wrong. But that wording still looks identical to all the previous VQā€™s so far.

7am you need an APR for the park the ride is in but donā€™t need to be in the park.

1pm you need to be in the park the ride is in (or as has been proven at least tapped in before 1pm)

5 Likes

And I could be confused by now as well, but I know that we had identified some variable verbiage between the current VQ for Tron and previous VQs.

But whatever I hope it works out for everyone and that everyone gets to ride.

6 Likes

So, interesting data points on park availability for today:

6:59am: MK sold out, others available
7:02am: All parks available
7:49am: MK sold out, others available
7:59am: All parks available

After the official Tron launch on April 4, Iā€™ll try to keep tabs on the availability between 6:59 and 7:05 (the relevant time slot for doing the Hokey Pokey).

8 Likes

Having seen reports of people being turned away because they were late to their BG for TRON I think this strategy is risky.

If your BG is called before the park hopping time (2pm) then youā€™ll be SOL for riding.

7 Likes

Yeah, I probably wonā€™t try it if this policy continues after the soft open. But it might not.

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly convinced that ā€œno plan survives first contactā€ is doubly true for Disney. :thinking:

Flexibility is my motto.

2 Likes

Exactly. Iā€™ll have plans A through C.

3 Likes

Agree this would make me nervous but I also tend to followings rules lol

3 Likes

Optimist :smile::grin::wink:

2 Likes

This is me, too. I am a Rule Follower. Iā€™m also too scared to try to HP between HS and MK to even try that sorcery. I donā€™t want to mess up my family plans. I guess if I went alone I could deal with it.

6 Likes

Iā€™m with you. Very risky. Plus it can mess up the whole system if too many people do it. Suddenly there are too many resources in one park and not enough in the other bc Disney was looking at park reservations when making decisions (not sure if thatā€™s a thing or not).

2 Likes

Iā€™d guess very few people are now doing the Hokey Pokey for GotG, and very few will be doing it for Tron.

Much more likely to mess up Disneyā€™s resource allocation: People reserving MK to try to get a Tron VQ (or reserving Epcot for GotG), not getting a VQ, then switching their reservation to a different park. Iā€™d bet this is much more common than the Hokey Pokey (where you do get a VQ and then switch).

6 Likes

Werenā€™t a lot of people doing it for RotR though? I kinda remember that was an issue or am I remembering things incorrectly. I donā€™t remember it for GotG, true.

2 Likes

Ahhh, yes, I see the distinction.

2 Likes