Hocus Pocus 2 🎃

I didn’t see a thread started about the new release. Just finished watching it on D+.

Make sure you watch ALL the way to the end of the credits.

3 Likes

What did you think? Did you like it?

1 Like

Sigh :pensive: I like parts of it. I was disappointed in the three original S-sisters (actors). I thought the new cast mbrs were GREAT.

1 Like

Sarah Jessica Parker was particularly disappointing. Her eye brows?!? Distracting :disguised_face:

2 Likes

Oh the trivia and extras are fun. Like Pop up Videos

Thanks for the reminder - and the review! It sounds like something I will watch tonight while DH watches football.

1 Like

I can’t wait to hear what you and others think. The book’s CGI are really neat.

1 Like

I am just so relieved they didn’t use the story ideas from the sequel book that was written a few years ago.
Honestly, it was a cute modern sequel. I enjoyed it!

1 Like

I watched the new one, but first I read the plot summary of the first movie, just to remember how that went. I liked the new one better than the first. I think the new main characters (teens) were good, and they seemed like the only ones who were not overdoing the campiness that is the hallmark of the Sanderson sisters. This one seems to have a softer feel, with less actual nasty death.

For witches that aren’t supposed to age, the 29 years between films has not been kind. But, a person’s appearance can age a lot between mid-40’s and mid-70’s! Too bad they didn’t use a lot of that de-aging special effects on the women! Sarah Jessica Parker’s eyebrows were exaggerated in the first movie, but now they’re even bolder with the heavy eye shadow. I agree, it’s not a good look.

I liked the more modern ideas in the plot or dialogue. I liked the way they used a couple (older) pop songs. My favorite part was the opening Disney graphic.

3 Likes

If you’d waited a day, you would have had a chance to catch one of the 368 showings on Freeform over the next month.

6 Likes

I’m assuming it will be playing in the theater on the Disney Fantasy. DS13 and I are going to wait to watch it on the ship next week.

1 Like

We watched last night and enjoyed it. I agree that SJP’s dark eyeshadow and eyebrows really aged her on the screen. I did not care for the original Hocus Pocus, but I did think the original movie had better music. It was disappointing they did not come up with original songs for the sequel. Overall it was a cute sequel.

1 Like

I didn’t want to waste spend two hours watching the first movie before watching the second. Disney+ had both movies, so I wouldn’t have needed to wait a day. But your point is well taken.

2 Likes

I watched the Treats and Trivia after HP2; it’s the first movie w/ pop up video. text detail, deleted scenes, etc. It was SO much better than 2!

Just finished it. Kids and I liked it. My 8 yo thought it would be scarier.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. Even DH peeked around his monitor a few times to chuckle.

1 Like

Just watched with my daughter.

Enjoyed it! Maybe more than the first one!

1 Like

We enjoyed it too! We watched it last night and the two youngest rewatched it today.

1 Like

‘Hocus Pocus 2’ on Disney Plus is a Halloween cult classic (nbcnews.com)

they called it a flop

1 Like

I usually disagree with professional reviews.

Glad it’s holding true

2 Likes