Hi. My name is Adam and I'm addicted to Disney World

My next trip isn’t even until 2021 and I’m already obsessing over where we’ll stay, if we’ll go direct through Disney or rent DVC points, how many days to spend in each park, etc.
I listen to a bunch of different Disney World related podcasts.
I read all kinds of news online.
I read the posts here.
I belong to Disney groups on facebook.
I subscribe to TouringPlans.com even though I can’t actually plan my trip yet.
And more.

Anyone else like me!?

13 Likes

Here?

No one.

12 Likes

Ugh. Another thread about Disney World.

Why can’t we talk about stamp collecting?

Or train spotting.

Why does everything have to be about Disney.

16 Likes

It doesn’t have to be. See? Here is another section on the forums:

1 Like

Hi Adam!

Admitting you have an addiction is step 1… I have not made it to step 2 yet.

11 Likes

Oh. Is there a step 2?

7 Likes

Is that in Epcot?

5 Likes

At the America pavilion i think.

2 Likes

I don’t understand this. You’re really in the wrong place if you don’t think you can plan yet. You can’t make reservations yet!

8 Likes

I started packing for my July trip in January.

There’s very little time between now and 2021 and it seems reckless not to be putting together a first draft now for such a trip.

7 Likes

This is a very good point. I might be on iteration 13 of my December 2020 plan. I figure there will be another 13 iterations before the actual trip.

Come to think of it…who really cares about Disney World itself. It is the PLANNING where all the fun is.

10 Likes

Good point. I guess I have started “planning” just can buy/reserve anything yet.

2 Likes

Well, that’s not entirely true! The planning is fun. I actually love it and love helping others plan, too! But being there is the best part of all the planning!

5 Likes

You have issues. I Don’t pack until a day or 2 before. But i do make an excel spreadsheet with everything i want to take.

2 Likes

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, a friend of mine who knows I have a WDW trip planned for the fall recently said to me … “Did you know that a Star Wars land is opening in Disney World this fall?”

I replied “No, I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know.”

12 Likes

:rofl:

Is there? What’s that all about then? Like an extension to Star Tours? Meet and greet type thing?

5 Likes

Right there with you!! According to the countdown timer on my computer I ONLY have 901 days until my next trip! (I’m actually looking forward to coming to work next Monday to see on my computer that I’ve finally gotten out of the “900’s” in my countdown.)

I started planning this 2021 trip a couple months ago after I got back from my last trip. Just the idea that I’m barley past the half-way to the point where I can book my “room only” reservations sometimes makes me antsy. I’m making pseudo-TPs for the same weeks in 2019 just to pass the time.

3 Likes

I remember those days… though I didn’t have a paid subscription yet to TP. I am so glad to be in the 200’s now!

1 Like

Only a few days until ADR booking!! So jealous!

2 Likes