HDDR transportation

I will be Going from AK to HDDR. Is the fastest way to drive then take internal bus system? We have a car. Thanks.

I have never done it with a car, but that has to be faster than driving to the TTC, getting to MK, and then boating to FW.

2 Likes

Budget plenty of time either way. You’ve got to park way away from Pioneer Hall and it’s not a short bus ride to get there from the parking area. I’d plan for 90 minutes minimum to make sure you’re on time.

We went in May. Took a cab to FW where they drop you off up front where you’d be parking. A bus was waiting and it took right at 5 minutes on the internal loop bus to the HDDR drop off point. It’s painless.

The alternative would be a bus to MK and then boat over which docks right at the hall for HDDR.

1 Like

FWIW, whenever I do HDDR, I always plan to do the early show on a MK day.
Why?

1. No problem getting there & back; just take the boat. Less WDW time wasted traveling. No parking hassles.
  2. The early show because it gets us out of the park during the most crowded/hottest time of the day.
  3. It’s an all-u-can-eat/drink, so no driving, take boat back to MK & enjoy the evening.
  4. It’s all-u-can-eat, so it can be the only big meal of the day after breakfast. A small mid-day snack, and a small evening snack suffice.

Only downside is missing out on the 3pm parade if one does the early HDDR.

I can understand making a late HDDR on an AK day when AK closes early; that makes sense too.

But we kind of like doing it on a MK day, nevertheless for the other reasons. :wink:

FWIW, your mileage may vary, go well.

Thanks. We are going in February and AK closes at 5:00pm. I was going to try to make it to the 6:15 HDDR. I am guessing we should leave the park around 4:30ish?

Can I suggest something that may upset some people but I think would work? Leave AK and drive to WL. Tell them you are going to the territory lounge- go there- have a drink- then take the ferry to Hddr

Not sure they would believe my little boys are having a nightcap, but if I were going alone that would be an option. :wink:

Maybe your boys would like the soup? All lounges are open to children at wdw (I know, stretching here but I do think it works).

Try this for your travel options. Directions for getting to Hoop Dee Doo Revue

We stay in the campground a lot. You could drive and take the internal bus systems, or take a bus from AK. Any of the internal buses will take you where you need to go, so your wait and bus ride should be less than 15 minutes once inside ( We normally camp near the bus stop for HDDR), It is about a 20 minute drive from AK