Harry Potter in a Day during the Pandemic

@Julianne_fki - Just to reiterate… IMHO both of those coasters are still on the bottom of my list of “good” rides at Universal (outside of WWOHP)

If you can squeeze 'em in - try 'em. However, don’t pass up on the others I mentioned if you can help it!

I definitely have Spider Man and ET first on the list. I’m unsure about Mummy because I don’t like haunted house type rides where things are jumping out to scare you. However, it gets such rave reviews I might try it. JP is also on the list. I don’t know if I’ll have time for shows, we’ll see! I was just thinking if I have time for one big coaster, which should it be?

Mummy isn’t a haunted house… it’s a coaster with a lot of awesome practical effects! Very smooth ride - I promise!! (nothing is going to jump out at you!)

2 Likes

We love E.T. !

1 Like

Agree completely! I can (and have) ridden Hulk 5 times in a row. RRR is once per trip. It gives me a horrible headache. I think it’s because I’m so short and my head thrashes around. Hulk is smooth!

1 Like

I would say Hulk.

3 Likes

If you are like me and are a coaster fan and a “real” ride fan over virtual (Simpsons literally made me vomit last time) my order of preference is 1st every single visit Mummy. Hands down my favorite ride in the park after Hagrid. I always ride it at least twice. It’s much better than Hollywood version (although I do like the creepy bug feeling in the Hollywood version). The Hulk is my 2nd favorite then Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit for re-rideability but ask to sit in the front row and say you’ll wait because I have blacked out in the back row when I hadn’t eaten since 6am and it was past lunchtime. It’s rough back there. And if you haven’t ridden it for the first couple of rides I really like Kong but after you’ve ridden it a bit it’s lower on my list. When I brought my parents for a single day which they loved and they are around 65 we did Hulk, Kong, Forbidden Journey, Hagrids, Hogwarts Express, Gringotts, explored Diagon Alley and Ollivanders, Mummy X 2, Jimmy Fallon, RRR and Despicable Me.

1 Like

I would add do the haunted houses as a top priority if they keep them open like it is rumored they will. Halloween Horror Nights at Universal has hands down the best haunted houses I’ve ever been to.

I should admit I made them ride Fast & Furious cuz it was new to me and we all hands down agreed from the 12 year old to the 65 year old, just why? Good thing its closed so you can’t make that same mistake! :wink:

1 Like

I believe the announcement was two houses during the day, open to everyone.

1 Like

Another US question. You know how Disney says HS opens at 10:00 but they start letting people in at around 9:00 and even start some of the rides? Does US do that? Or when they say they open at 9:00, they mean they start letting people in at 9:00?

Also, just want to add that I was checking the UOR Lines app today (I am now a triple threat - TP subscriber for WDW, DLR and UOR!) and am super encouraged by the wait times on a Monday! Hope that holds for my October date! But super discouraged because Hagrid’s was down for a large part of the day. :grimacing:

They do let people through the gates, but hold them at certain points with a rope drop like WDW uses. Kinda like Main Street at WDW.

If you have EE you do get to go past the ropes and do the specific rides that are open. (Which varies based on which park is the EE park that day)

1 Like

We were surprised. Our first day, everything was blocked off as you said, and they checked our room key to allow us EE beyond that point. But a couple days later, when we were there early, they already had the gates down and letting everyone through even though it wasn’t yet official opening time other than for EE guests. So they do, in fact, start letting the general population in early…just not AS early as the EE guests. At least sometimes.

2 Likes

I’m going by “normal” times. It is possible they needed to release people to keep up with social distancing measures if the RD staging area had become full (But you were there so you know more about crowds that day) :mask::smiley:

2 Likes

Well, I’m finally here! Everything is going well so far but have not ridden Gringotts yet due to a park-wide locker issue. Waits for that are horrific! Right now waiting for the Celestine Warbeck show.

Early admission to IOA was fantastic. Met up with @Wahoohokie and we rode Hagrid, FJ and FoH by 9:45. Walked thru Hogsmeade but planning to go back later. Took the HE to to US. Have done Bourne, ET, RRR and Mummy.

11 Likes

It was great to meet you! Hope the rest of your trip is amazing.

2 Likes

Let us know what you though about Mummy & RRR! Those were rides you were unsure about before going :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I did like the Mummy quite a bit. RRR was a little too much for me. Honestly, I had my eyes shut for much of the ride. I don’t like heights! After RRR, I decided not to even try the Hulk. But it wasn’t the roughness of the ride that bothered me, and that’s what I was worried about :laughing:

2 Likes

I used to enjoy this ride a lot, not so much now. That first part makes me feel like I am going to slip out. I used to like Hulk a lot too, I must be old now, as the last couple of trips I have skipped those 2 rides when my family rides.

1 Like

That’s how I felt too! Hanging on for dear life! :joy:

1 Like