Harry Potter in a Day during the Pandemic

I say Mummy, Hulk, Rip Ride Rocket and JP River Adventure. Spiderman is good, too. Transformers is the same kind of ride, but not quite as clear. But I personally like to Transformers franchise better, so I love that ride. I also agree that you should try riding Hagrid in both the motorcycle and the sidecar. It is definitely a different experience each way. If you choose to only do it once, definitely ride the motorcycle!

1 Like

It is worth noting that it is accurate to say “a bit wet”. River Adventure does NOT get you soaked. You can even possibly come off without getting more than some drops. If you want to avoid getting wet, try to stay toward the middle of the raft. The edges and front give you the most “wetness”…but even then, it isn’t a lot.

However, Bluto’s and Dudley Do-Right’s will both get you drenched. Of course, we laughed our way through Bluto’s more than any other ride in any park in Orlando, so if you can put up with being wet, it is hysterically fun! (Particularly when riding with others, because you can make fun of them for getting drenched when you didn’t…only for the tables to be turned ten seconds later!)

2 Likes

You guys are great - thanks!

@darkmite2 question about roughness of coasters. TP says Rip Ride Rockit is kind of rough as well. For that and Hulk, how do they compare in roughness to say SM at MK or RNRC? I like RNRC but it was a little rough for me this go round. SM was a one and done it was so bad. Plus it’s just inferior to the DLR version so a little disappointing.

I know you asked @darkmite2 but I am going to jump in. RnR will push back your head at launch. Both Hulk and RRR have that force and more (Hulk launch can be an issue for some people. Also, the outside tracks just bring an extra dimension . Like a lot of outside coasters, at night they are crazy!

2 Likes

Hulk is super smooth since the refurb a few years back. RRR is about 20 times as rough as RnRC. I’m always surprised my ears aren’t bleeding when I get off.

4 Likes

For me it’s more about the over the shoulder restraints at Hulk vs. the stomach bar at RRR. I do agree Hulk is smoother, but I spend the ride trying to keep my head from knocking about. I’m a small guy and I just “fit” better in RRR than Hulk.

1 Like

Funny how people are different, I’m only 5’3 but I don’t have that issue on Hulk at all, only on RRR.

LOL, I’m 5’ 2"!

1 Like

Well, I’m taller than both of you, so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I do hate getting my ears bashed on those over the shoulder restraints. I find if I press my head back into the head rest I can avoid that somewhat. Let me ask both of you @darkmite2 and @missoverexcited, how do you feel about Space Mountain? I felt like I was in a fight. And getting beat up! LOL

1 Like

I’m OK on SM. I know it’s not “smooth”, but I do well on bouncy wooden coasters too.

When in doubt, I do them as the last ride of the day. That way I can just go lie down if I need to

1 Like

Interestingly, one side of Space Mountain felt significantly rougher than the other side. But I, for the life of me, can’t remember which was which! (It wasn’t just me…others said the same thing.)

I think we went to the right? Which must have been the rough side. So back to the advice of go left whenever possible? LOL

I’ve never found Space Mountain particularly rough at all. I would never think to describe it that way.

2 Likes

Well, at DLR I feel like it’s smooth and fast. MK felt slower (not sure if it is) and much bumpier. I think I might avoid RRR but try Hulk. We’ll see how I feel that day.

Thanks everyone for your input! I’m super excited to try US Florida. We didn’t have a great trip to US Hollywood and now I can’t convince the DD’s to go. So solo it is!

1 Like

I find Hulk far worse than RRR. Hulk tosses you around a bit. RRR is quite smooth to me. (Yet, others feel the opposite, so I can only figure height of the rider plays a role. I am 5’ 10".)

1 Like

It might be. In fact, I seem to recall, now, that we went to the left the first time, and the first ride was the smoother ride. I’m not 100% sure…but seems correct.

1 Like

MK feels slower every trip.

I lost my mind and “liked” your post- sorry.

I agree. It is funny but at times I have found Hulk to not be too bad but one time I smashed my head so bad I thought I had a concussion (I might have).

I’m not sure that I would go on Space Mountain again but I love RRR! And I personally find Hulk to be very smooth. I’m 5’6".

1 Like

Good to know. I’m 5’5" so we’re about the same!

1 Like