Happy 50th Walt Disney World

It was buried waaaaaaaaaaay down by now. No worries :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately the first video is no longer available.

Oh weird! Must be a location based thing. I can still see it! Sorry :frowning:

Well that could definitely be true.

I see they’re getting out more merch

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-and-minnie-mouse-dooney-bourke-crossbody-bag-walt-disney-world-50th-anniversary-400940065310.html?isProductSearch=0&plpPosition=2&guestFacing=Accessories-Adults-Bags%2520%2526%2520Wallets

OK am I the only person who sees pins and goes… “meh”?

1 Like

Depends on the pin.
We have a decent collection here at home.

2 Likes

Usually, but I did buy quite a few of the 50th pins.

1 Like

I picked up the official 10/1 50th pin.

There was also a collection of pins for each of the original attractions. Each pin was $25 :astonished: Dd skipped the 10/1 50th pin and opted for the exclusive HM pin that is a part of this collection. Even though I am a huge Small World fan, I wasn’t all that excited about that pin. I like my 55th anniversary pin of the actual ride better.

1 Like

Then and Now, the lands of Magic Kingdom

4 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

I hadn’t realized previously that there are 50 characters, neat. I wonder if anyone has tried a scavenger hunt type trip to find and get photos of all the statues? I know I’ve seen many in trip reports.

1 Like

I am pretty sure at one point I read the distinction that it was 50 characters not 50 statues. Some characters are paired as part of the same statue.

3 Likes

There are 50 characters, 35 statues. @Randall1028 inspired me, so I hunted them all down during my most recent trip. I’m going to finish my report up this week!

4 Likes