Happy 50th Walt Disney World

I don’t know about you guys, but I am all verklempt this morning. I am just overflowing with gratitude for the miracle of Walt Disney World today, on its 50th birthday!

I have made countless memories over the years and have experienced so much laughter, happy tears, and immeasurable joy because of that magical place. I’ve met some of the best people I know because of its existence and call so many more (like you all right here!) friends because of it. My work as a travel agent has helped me start working toward other dreams while I help others to discover its magic and wonder.

A lot of people won’t get my emotional state today but I think most of you all will. And I just wanted to say, and offer everyone else the chance to join me by sharing your own thoughts and wishes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! Hanks for being born :heart:

40 Likes

The person who sat us at 'Ohana last night was very excited about the anniversary. She was bouncy when explaining how we were lucky to be visiting during the very BEST time! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

I woke up at 1:30 AM this morning to my three year old crying, and my first thought was “happy birthday Walt Disney World!” And then I went in to wipe his sweet tears, of course. :blush: I’m thankful for a place that I love to be. And for this forum. For all the things. Wish I were there today, but happy to celebrate here with you all :heart:

Is there any sort of epic liner meet up going on in WDW today?

11 Likes

I’m with you. I think many of you know that I’ve been a lifelong fan, having gone maybe half a dozen times as a kid. But, a few years ago, we experienced a string of grief-moments that catapulted my love for the World into unforeseen territory… that’s when I found this forum and all of you. Today is not only the 50th anniversary of WDW, but it’s also the third anniversary of losing my mother-in-law (who loved Disney World and never got a chance to go with her grandkids). So my emotions are heightened in the most extreme ways today. Don’t be surprised if you hear from me a lot today because ain’t no way I can concentrate on work…

14 Likes

Heading to MK today! I’m not doing the early bird thing this trip, so still at the timeshare. We will probably get there around 8:30-9.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday Disney World! Every day I ask myself, if I could do this day over what would I do differently? The answer is always Go to Disney. Probably that’s not the direction the personal development guy planned the responses would be with the prompt, but that’s my truth. There is no where else I would rather be. It’s where I know with every fiber of my being I belong. I didn’t finish (or actually start) my trip report from mid-sept, but one of the moments that happened was walking down Main Street on day 3. As we were walking, DH looked over at me and commented on the goofy smile on my face, the spring in my step, and the overall happiness oozing out of me and said “is this all we needed to do? Walk down Main Street?” Yes. The answer is always yes.

17 Likes

There’s a TP singalong at CBJ at 11. I’m sure there’s something later but I can’t remember what.

5 Likes

100% agree!

2 Likes

Lots of happy tears today. Thanks for starting this thread.

3 Likes

This makes me feel better about my upcoming trip. Sometimes I look at the cost and think I’ve made a horrible mistake.

Yet what started the whole crazy idea was watching some Disney footage and being reminded how I feel when I’m there. I don’t feel like that anywhere else.

17 Likes

All of this. A friend asked why I love it so much. The answer - the way it makes me feel.

7 Likes

I could Google this, but that wouldn’t be any fun. Do we know the name of the guy whose voice is on the monorail? Is he famous? Just heard the whole loop on Sorcerer Radio. All the feels!!! :heart:

Is that still the Jack Wagner one?

1 Like

I know the original “Please Stand Clear of the Doors. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.” voice actor was Jack Wagner; he was originally the DisneyLand voice.

I believe they left his door announcements active (he passed away in the 90s) but have changed the moving message voice actors (twice?) since he recorded those.

4 Likes

Today happens to be my birthday too (but 57) - I tried to get my birthday buddies Jimmy Carter and Julie Andrews to hit the Magic Kingdom with me today, but they didn’t respond to my texts for some reason.

(Unless you count that envelope marked CEASE AND DESIST)

My family bought me a Gold D23 membership - comes with a pretty cool collector set!

I would have fought the kindergarten bully on the playground for that lunchbox back in the day, I can tell you. :wink:

24 Likes

Happy Birthday! :tada:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!! :partying_face::beers::balloon::birthday:

2 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: Happy Birthday!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

:birthday: Happy Birthday!

1 Like

HBTY! What a fantastic gift!

1 Like