Halloween Horror Nights on Halloween Trip Report

3 Likes

About to get on the boat

3 Likes

Margaritaville time. Then we scare ourselves.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Flight.

4 Likes

Quesadilla duh. :wink:

3 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Haunting of Hill House was so much better here than Hollywood. The speakers are fantastic

1 Like

The show was really good.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Feet are up. Put a fork in em.

2 Likes

Also here’s my review in a nutshell

RIP Tour is better in Cali
HHN 2021: Orlando > Hollywood.

Haunting of Hill House hands down best house for me.

3 Likes

Looks amazing! DW and I love HHN, but with 2 kids under 6, it has been awhile since we we attended HHN and may be another 10 years before we get back there.

1 Like

Great pics!

1 Like

But did you submit to the Controller?

2 Likes

I left hubby with the kids. ;-). Do they still have the daycares here at Universal? Maybe not because of Covid. DH and I always would do a roller coaster date night sans kid when ours were little and leave them in the kids club but under 6 I guess that would depend also how young the littlest is.

1 Like

I do think 2019 HHN was better. I think the plastic dividers get in the way and before there were a bunch more things or people that would end up an inch from my face. I still had a good time and the set designs are still fantastic. And what they did with making the speakers sound like someone talking in your ear in Haunting of Hill House was absolutely terrifying. My heart was racing in a whole different way than a jump scare. They did a great job of making it like an emotional nightmare. All the sudden you’re in a pitch black room and then it sounds like Nell is speaking inside your head. Kudos for however they accomplished that. There was another room where you could see and they still used the speakers in that same effect. It really got me and I’m getting hard to get. But overall I really liked how the plant came out of the ceiling ending an inch from my face in stranger things or a scare actor used to be able to put his face right next to yours and you turn around and he’s/she’s right there. That’s missing from the houses now.

The scare zones in Orlando were full fledged affairs compared to Hollywoods which were very lacking. But the RIP tour in Hollywood includes the plush tram taking you everywhere and saves your feet. Plus they give you an actual dinner break. This was like you have five min, ten minutes, 15 minutes to eat, drink AND potty with lines for restrooms and it was really stressful. I was absolutely starving without the mid tour food break and our tour ran long because we were traveling with an ECV which I think trying to find places to park it, like a stroller does slow you down in crowds a lot. Our tour was supposed to be over and we still had two houses, one of which I’ve seen last year (aka Tooth Fairy) and the other was the HHN Captured which is mini scenes from past houses like the Scary Ohio house which was the weakest because of the lack of a story line. So I bailed on the last two houses to get some dinner and ride a ride, do some shopping. I didn’t feel that way at all in Cali tour. We had like 45-60 to eat and bathroom/snack breaks our guide let us take whenever we wanted and we never felt behind or rushed. Our guide here and there were both great. I don’t fault them at all. The guide in Cali didn’t go thru the houses but our Orlando guide did. He was very good at hyping and being positive and fun.

I think i just prefer having an Indoor lounge to hang out in Pretour in Cali with water and a bar. Then a mid break dinner with a full buffet compared to being held outside VIP area in a crowded line here and then corralled inside a cement area outside while we waited for the official event to start here. Then given like 15 min to eat the buffet here plus wait for your drink in the line before you have to go start your tour. It was very rushed and didn’t feel as VIP.

2 Likes

People are back. 40 min for bag drop and this security line is insane. We were two hours early and I’m shaking in my boots we won’t make our flight.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you!

1 Like