Halloween Horror Nights on Halloween Trip Report

I’ve been doing many of these quick weekend trips and I LOVE it. So this time, it’s with my high school best friend for a three day Halloween/my birthday weekend trip leaving today. That’s right I’m now officially 21, ahem please ignore past photos of DS17 and DD14. :lying_face: We are staying at Loew’s Aventura Hotel which will be my first time there so I can try out the Bar 17 Bistro since it’s an adult trip and I’m now officially drinking age :lying_face: We are doing the RIP Tour on Halloween which I am super excited about, more specialty bar drinking for this legal drinking age birthday of course. :lying_face:

I think I’m all packed. I’ve download a couple of horror movies for the plane on the ipad to get me in the mood. I’m jealous of everyone’s photos so I got a iphone 13 pro max so I hope they come out okay (for like $300 cuz thanks Verizon for giving me $800 for my 3 year old phone)! We’re flying my new favorite airline, Spirit, which honestly the name goes well with the Halloween theme. I did spring for a checked bag and legroom. I’m ready to do this thing…

Also the weather report of high 50’s to 70s with not much chance of rain (cloudy tonight) has got me pretty siked as well; I’m not gonna lie cuz Floridian heat is unbearable.

9 Likes

When is your birthday? Mine is tomorrow! So it’s my birthday weekend too, but I’m not going anywhere until the following weekend - heading back to DLR. Happy Birthday!

3 Likes

It was actually yesterday but it lasts all weekend long of course! :wink:

Happy Birthday to you as well my fellow scorpio!

2 Likes

Thank you! My dad’s birthday was yesterday too! A great day for a birthday.

2 Likes

I could never do the Halloween Horror Nights! It sounds so fun … if you like that kind of thing. I would be a nervous wreck! But I’m totally looking forward to seeing it second hand through your trip report.

2 Likes

I’ll do photos of the outdoor things if I don’t get too much into the legal drinking thing! ha ha ha

I LOVE scary things…My friend is going to be terrified and holding onto me as she’s doing this for me. It’s really my mother’s fault and before her my grandpa’s. My grandma refused to go to scary movies with him so he took my mom to see all the classics like The Blob, The Swamp Thing starting from when my mom was 3yo. It made her feel really special I think to have this thing with her dad so she has a thing for scary stuff which she passed on to me, watching Fright Night and the like with me from a very young age. My brother couldn’t handle it so it became the thing my mom and I shared. Funny how that works.

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Have fun!

1 Like

Our view

Zoomed in

6 Likes

I’m not an HNN fan but love UOR and adult drinks so it will be fun following along!

1 Like

First “adult” drink today is coffee as we were up till 3am. We did the bar 17 bistro last night and the Voodoo IPA is good.

Edit: Jameson has been added to the coffee and it is now truly adult without the quotes. I am a little Irish.

6 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

Gotten a bit overcast

5 Likes

I braved the 85 degrees water

2 Likes

3 Likes

Without teens I can be a teen. Wait I’m 21 woops selfie time

5 Likes

Also literally just drank Jameson straight all day cuz I’m turning into my DH