Had to cancel trip

With 2 days to go, I had to make the tough choice to cancel our trip. I have some emergencies going on at both work and home (partly by some mistakes I’ve made) and following through with this trip just became irresponsible and unfeasible.

I’m humiliated and crushed to have let my family get excited for months only to let them down at the last minute. I just needed to vent because I don’t have many friends in real life, my family isn’t speaking with me much at the moment, and you all understand how much these trips mean. I may need some time to get over this, and am just not in a good place right now at all. Not asking for sympathy, but mostly wanted to give @Jeff_AZ and @sanstitre_has_left_the_building a heads up that I won’t be there since I said I hoped to meet them. Hopefully another time, guys.

I need to fix some of the problems I’m going through and hope to return here happier and in a position where I can look forward to a trip again that can actually happen and want to talk about WDW and UOR again with the best community I know. :disappointed_relieved:

If anyone wants a Sanaa or Homecomin lunch on 3/24 or a Sanaa dinner that same night, let me know. I’ll be dropping tomorrow. Do I need to cancel UOR ressies or just no show?

Sorry for this overdramatic rant, but I needed somewhere to express my hurt right now.

35 Likes

So sorry to hear that! Devastating to have to cancel at such short notice, but I am certain you will make it back soon!

I can’t use your reservations but hope they find a good home. Hope to catch you some other time!

3 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this! I mostly lurk but I wanted you to know that I have appreciated your posts, especially in the covid thread. You frequently have a different viewpoint from me, but you have a knack for explaining your thoughts in a way that makes me stop and seriously consider things that I accepted at face value. I might not change my mind, but I have learned to understand and appreciate the range of opinions that make the world go round. Please don’t stay away long!

16 Likes

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. I completely understand. Been there; done that.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that you’re going through some tough times and had to make this tough choice. Take care of yourself and I’ll look forward to seeing you back in the countdown thread on the other side of this.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this. I know it’s a tough choice but it sounds like you are doing the right thing. I hope your emergencies are resolved quickly and without more burden on yourself. Please take care of yourself. :heart:

4 Likes

Oh noooooooo! That’s such a bummer, but you have to do what’s best for you. Take care of yourself and please let us help in any way we can. Hope to see you back soon happier and healthier. Hugs!

3 Likes

So sorry to hear you have cancelled your trip. Hope whatever it is that you’re dealing with is resolved quickly.

4 Likes

That does sound disappointing (for all of you) but please don’t be so hard on yourself. Trips get canceled for all sorts of reasons. We had to cancel one (not WDW but international) trip for my medical reasons very last minute several years back. We rescheduled for three months later and had a great time. A redo can be great! And much better than doing 1.0 under poor circumstances.

Best of luck with your work situation, you always have friendly ears here. And all families get mad sometimes, rest easy you are not alone in that!

11 Likes

So sorry to hear that things are rough. I know how irritated I get with myself when I feel I have let someone down or made a mistake. I have to be really intentional about reminding myself in those moments that it’s not only ok to make a mistake, but that it is literally destined to happen from time to time. It’s the ebb and flow of the universe. So make sure to cut yourself some slack. The world is a giant dumpster fire. Just making it to the end of the day is success in my book. I hope you find a sliver lining and I hope things get easier with time.

12 Likes

I’m sorry about your trip and hope everything that’s going on works out ok.

4 Likes

Sucks to do that. Seems like you have the right perspective to own it for what it is and deal with what’s needed.
Hang in there.

4 Likes

Oh man! I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending you (virtual) hugs and support, Paul. You’ll get through this to the other side and WDW will still be there. And us! We’ll be here too.

8 Likes

Oh that’s really sad. And I’m disappointed not to get this chance to meet you. Another time.

8 Likes

I’m so sorry for you and totally understand. Sending good thoughts your way that things work out. I consider liners my friends too and hope you don’t stay away because your trip needs to be rescheduled.

5 Likes

There is no worse feeling than feeling like you let down loved ones. You said you don’t want sympathy, and I respect that. But we have empathy in spades. And this stinks.

You are smart and resourceful and I know you’ll do the best you can.

I agree that sometimes do-overs are even better than originally planed. So don’t beat yourself up too much over this. Kids are resilient and partners can be great in helping to shoulder some of the load.

Do what you got to do to put out the fires. The parks will wait until it’s a better time so they can be enjoyed by all the TallPaul family.

23 Likes

Sorry Paul.
Asking God to meet you and yours where you each are right now and use this for your good and His glory. :pleading_face:

13 Likes

Aw @Tall_Paul1 :cry:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a lot right now, and very sorry it has resulted in this last minute cancellation.

I hope things are right again before long. Meanwhile, know that everyone makes mistakes and while it’s both important to hold ourselves accountable/be held accountable and to learn from them, it’s also important to treat yourself with love and grace. Whatever has happened, whatever you feel responsible for doing or causing, it will get better. I know you’re a person of deep faith, too, and I hope you’ll find that to be a source of support while you’re sorting things out.

We are here for you, so hit us up. It doesn’t even have to be WDW/UOR related, but when you’re ready for that again, we’re here for that too.

Be well.

26 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this @Tall_Paul1.
Much sadness on all counts!
Sending you good wishes to get through whatever you’re going through :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

That’s so sad to hear and I can understand the disappointment.

Sending lots of virtual hugs your way. and I hope you can get things sorted out.

As someone already said, don’t be too hard on yourself.

4 Likes