Had to cancel trip

I am so sorry to hear this. Sometimes life unexpectedly destroys our plans and although we might “understand”, it hurts.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry you had to cancel your trip! I hope your emergencies work themselves out. I had to cancel my early January trip and my kids were devastated. They got over it and we rescheduled but I felt awful those first few days after we cancelled. I know you’re feeling down right now but try to fit in some self-care time these next few days and take care of yourself.

8 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you had to cancel last minute. That’s so tough. {{hugs}} You’ve indicated that you feel at least partially responsible, and I would like to remind you that it’s ok for you to grieve the loss of the trip as well. Regardless of the reasons, it’s a disappointing turn of events. Take care of yourself and absolutely lean on us. We are your friends and care about you.

7 Likes

This!! We’re all pulling for you, @Tall_Paul1!

5 Likes

I’m so sorry you are hurting. I hope your emergencies get worked out easier and faster than you anticipate.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, that is really tough.

3 Likes

I know you are terribly disappointed @Tall_Paul1. Good for you to recognize that now is not the right time instead of forging on and adding on to bad decisions.

When the time is right, you’ll know.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry :frowning: it sounds like it’s the right decision, albeit a sad one. Take care of you and yours. Disney will wait for you with open arms.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry! I hope you find a way to give yourself some grace. Life can be so hard. I hope you are doing okay. Thinking of you.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry that you had to cancel your trip. No apologies necessary for the rant! I have come to appreciate everyone on this forum for always being there with advice and support! I hope things get resolved and you can plan an even more enjoyable trip when things settle down a bit for you and also at WDW! I am not a deeply religious person, but as I always tell my kids when they struggle with disappointments, God/Fate sometimes works in mysterious ways! Maybe there is a wonderful trip waiting down the road in the not-to-distant future, and this will all make sense to you when that time comes! :rainbow:

7 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that, and I can’t imagine how disappointed you must be. I hope your family realizes soon that this is not something you did on purpose and I’m sure you feel much worse than they did. Mistakes happen, and I’ve realized that while we tell our kids it’s ok to make mistakes we don’t give ourselves the same grace. I hope you’re able to be kind to yourself.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear this. I’ll be praying for you and your family. I am a perfectionist, so making mistakes at all is really hard for me, but when they negatively affect my loved ones, well, it’s hard not to go way down a shame spiral. We’ve all been there though. We’re human. Give yourself grace, just as He will. Your family will too. Be kind to yourself, and remember that you’ve suffered a loss too. Hugs and prayers all around. Hugs and prayers all around.

11 Likes

I’m sorry you had to cancel your trip. I hope things improve for you.

3 Likes

So sorry @Tall_Paul1. Your liner friends have already said it all but just wanted to send you my virtual hug and support too. My mom’s words of “this too shall pass” always brought me comfort and helped me realize that I would make it through whatever difficulties came my way. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with right now, but this too shall pass. Take care of yourself.

4 Likes

:people_hugging:

6 Likes

Ugh, been there, done that. I had to be the ‘bad guy’ and cancel our Jan 2023 Disney trip due to COVID spike fears and our unvaccinated toddler. We are all vaxxed and boosted but he isn’t, obviously, because it’s not approved for his age yet. I have always been more COVID cautious, and even though I knew I was doing the right thing, and it broke my heart just as much as anyone (if not more), it still sucked.

You said family, and I wondered if that meant kids were involved. If so, people make mistakes, even parents (gasp!), and it’s a really good things for kids to see that, and even more so to see their parents take responsibility for mistakes, even when it’s not the ‘fun’ choice to make. Accountability is a very good legacy to pass to your children, even though it might be ick medicine at the time.

I hope your family (kids or not) takes the time to process their disappointment and then makes the effort to recognize and support you as well.

8 Likes

So sorry @Tall_Paul1 - as others have said, we all make mistakes and are human. I know very well how hard it is to give yourself the grace that you can so easily give to others. Hopefully you guys can plan a new trip that will be even better (when Guardians and maybe Tron are open)!

5 Likes

Sorry for you! We may be a group of enablers, but we are also a great support group. We really understand your disappointment!

FYI - you don’t have to officially cancel your Universal dining reservations. There’s no penalty. However if you gave them a cell number to contact you, you’ll get a confirmation/cancel text from them on the day of the reservation.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about this, Paul. Don’t be unnecessarily hard on yourself.

4 Likes

Cancelling a trip is no fun, but adulting sometimes means we have to make the no fun choice. Hope that you will be back and planning a reboot soon.

4 Likes