H20+ going out of business!

I have curly hair… it’s a whole thing that takes carefully selected products just to keep from looking like a neglected alpaca.

1 Like

They’re still going to provide it… it will just be in the wall dispensers and probably of unknown origins, though maybe they’ll keep a brand association. Most higher-end hotels still do.

2 Likes

If you need any help, reach out! I’ve been overseas a couple of times with only a carry-on, so I really had to find decent, non- liquid replacements for everything. Micellar Wipes, stick sunscreen, stick foundation, shampoo/conditioner bars…etc…

3 Likes

I think the key for me is not caring about how I look, lol.
Not really joking. When my hair is long its almost always in a clip or a ponytail, and when its short, its curly and frizzy but oh well.
I honestly think i probably shoulda been a guy because I just don’t have the time, inclination, or patience to deal with all the “womanly arts.”

3 Likes

what is this?

I really just try to tame my hair into some semblance of a non-mess.

I don’t do makeup almost at all anymore (that’s a positive from Covid/masking!!)

But I do prefer the products I prefer otherwise.

3 Likes

It’s magical makeup-remover/face wash that has the consistency/gentleness if water, but will cut through just about anything you have put on your face.

2 Likes

Mine isn’t so much just looks (because it’s frizzy in the humidity no matter what) as having it not get so tangled and… large. This is what it’s like with no product…

8 Likes

I like it!

How long does it take to work it into that style?

3 Likes

So…a blond version of Merida?

ETA: Originally, auto-correct changed Merida to Merideth. @OBNurseNH caught it. I changed it. This note is simply to prove to the world she ISN’T crazy (about this, anyway).

4 Likes

Merida

1 Like

Stupid auto-correct. Going back to fix.

1 Like

Oh great and then I’ll look like a crazy person

Thanks a lot

3 Likes

That’s the quick 15 with a blow dryer… there’s just a lot of it, so air drying isn’t really an option because it A. takes forever and B. leaves still-wet undercoat, like a golden retriever and it gets itchy.

3 Likes

You really should just embrace who you really are inside.

:grin:

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, i’m not saying your way is wrong and my way is right - just saying why not packing toiletries works for me. I totally get that my way is not typical.

3 Likes

Thanks for that editorial remark!

I am certainly not NOT crazy

Just, as you point out, not crazy for this reason.

Have a lovely day!

1 Like

I’ve considered going short, and being a blond version of Bob Ross.

5 Likes

Wavy/curly girl here too and I’m the same way. I’m a pretty light packer overall, but I have to have my specific brands of hair products; and I can’t do tiny bottles because my hair is thick and there is a lot of it.

1 Like

I think this is the thing, really, for me.

My hair has this weird bend. It’s kind of a lot curly but takes a LOT to maintain that and keep it from turning to frizz.

But it’s also slightly not curly in places, and that makes the whole thing look weird

So it’s better to fight it into some kind of upward position, or beat it the hell down with a flat iron and make it (hopefully for a little bit anyway) stay that way — but if it’s florida humid that won’t last long

I need a really nice curl defining lotion

2 Likes