H20+ going out of business!

I forget about it… sometimes I put it in my purse. I really like BBW’s body cream stuff

1 Like

Under the sink in the guest bathroom

10 Likes

I have been disappointed ever since they replaced the grapefruit and the orange scented products with the marine stuff.

3 Likes

13 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

We have a bin that looks like that too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If anybody ends up ordering any today, it is 30% off PLUS shopdisney is 10% cash back today on Rakuten.

5 Likes

ShopDisney is also 5% cash back through the Chase offers too.

2 Likes

I hope Disney provides SOMETHING at least. Because otherwise it just made air travel that much more annoying with that stupid 3-1-1 rule.

5 Likes

I strongly disagree - I specifically don’t bring toiletries with me to save room in my bags and also bc of the stupid 3-1-1 rule. i’m not particularly loyal to any brand, and for a week i can usually deal with whatever the hotel supplies. I am also fine with the big bolted down bottles instead of the minis, so…

6 Likes

The phrasing they use of “retiring the brand” make it sound like H2O+ is going away, but not the company. Apparently in 2011 they were bought by Japanese cosmetics company Pola Orbis Holdings so the parent may be just shutting down that line of products.

The oddest part to me is they bill themselves as “Disney’s Official Sponsor” on their website and say “Since 2006, H2O+ has been proud to be the Official Sponsor of the Guest Room Bath Amenities of the Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Hawaii, and Disney Cruise Line®.”

Was Disney not paying them for product? Was H2O+ providing free product to Disney in exchange for the “free advertising”? Anyway - seemed like very odd verbiage in the way they framed their relationship with Disney…

2 Likes

You’ve never been a girl, huh?

It shows :wink:

4 Likes

Sponsorship is almost always a paid arrangement. Like a pay to play kind of thing. Lost of companies have merch used/sold at Disney but they don’t all get to claim to be the “official_____.” Its a paid for designation.
I think people are reading too much into this personally. I don’t think it has anything to do with Disney ending their agreement. Its just yet another brand shutting down.

4 Likes

I… I think I’m a girl? :rofl: Albeit a very low maintenance one. I never pack shampoo or soap either.

3 Likes

I’m pretty (very, by many standards) low maintenance and I still need a shoebox size tote of junk that has to be checked. It’s the thing that keeps me from maybe ever being able to not check a bag.

1 Like

Big same, especially since it’s still made and sold in the gift shops.

Oh see i only do checked bags when i go to WDW with the family… Everything else (including WDW solo) is carryon only. And although I have Precheck and don’t need to remove the 3-1-1 bag, i still hate being constrained by it.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I really want to learn.

And I’ve tried a few times.

But in the end I always give up and pack the rubbermaid shoebox of stuff

Agreed - guess I’m mostly wondering how much H2O+ was paying? Was it just a reduced rate on the supplies? Were the supplies free to DIS? Or did H2O+ just kick back $1M (or something) for the “Official Sponsor of Disney” tagline?

I was not expecting them to be a sponsor…