Guys Iger is KILLING it - more updates from today 1/10/23

hmm, that might be a middle ground. do we know how much of park visitors typically are resort guests and/or APs? I still think that once they’ve gotten so much control over capacity they’d want to hold on to it one way or the other.

1 Like

From what I understand, I think APers and single-day tickets are the biggest variables. For resort guests they have a pretty good idea how many people are there and how many go to a specific park on a given day, it’s always the local APs and people who go to the gate to buy a ticket that, in the past, have caused wild swings in their predictions.

4 Likes

It read to me like it was just the ride photos.

6 Likes

So let’s see. We have:

• Tron finally opening
  • HEA confirmed to be coming back
  • The barges confirmed to be gone
  • Free resort parking returns
  • The first crack in the resort reservation system
  • Complimentary ride photos with Genie+

And it’s only Tuesday.

14 Likes

Yes… It is only the ride photos. I got too excited before posting! (However, as I explained previously, those are 95% of the photos I care about on a theme park trip. So, for me, Photopass is included… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:)

4 Likes

The parking is the only win IMO.

This would be my victory lap!

Glad y’all see the pot of gold though!!!

1 Like

What’s the difference? Since I never used MaxPass, both G+ and MaxPass seem very similar to me, somim curious as to what the differences are.

1 Like

The complimentary photos thing is something…although the ride photos aren’t that great most of the time. But I can’t see them giving away photo pass entirely, so at least it is something!

2 Likes

My only problem with that is for those of us that upgraded our APs so we could have the dam ride photos

5 Likes

And the lines to get PhotoPass photos taken are already ridiculous (even in early September when the parks were very unbusy_… if they included them with G+ it would get waaaay out of hand. People stand there and want like 10 photos of each child and then 5 of mom with each child and then 10 of the kids together and then 10 of the whole family.

2 Likes

The Hotel parking fees started originally during Iger Reign Part I as part of the great Disney internal carbon tax. Encourage people to use Disney transit instead of their own vehicles. Then they killed Magical Express.

So much for ESG.

6 Likes

Not one of their best choices, right? But wasn’t ME something that happened under Cheapek?

1 Like

Yes. Exactly. After 2 pm AP can show up
Wherever they want

2 Likes

Will you be blogging about this?

7 Likes

Biggest differences in MaxPass vs. G+

(I admit I turned in my Disney Fandom badge about 16 months ago and became the Disney Refugee, so some of this may be out of date / changed)

#1 - With MaxPass, you must be inside the park to make selections. No having to wake up at 6:55am to preselect stuff!!!

#2 - You could have multiple selections… (Stacking) Every 90 minutes you could get a new MaxPass selection OR as soon as you used one of them. So you could have World Of Color seating selected when you get to DLR at 7am for the 9pm show, but still able to get more passes as you used them or every 90 minutes whichever came first. Or when you enter you could get one for a ride in a couple hours and use the other as you go (Max 2 passes at a time)

#3 - All Photos included! Not just ride photos

#4 - No Lighting Lane upcharge. One price that’s it…

G+ is pretty close to MaxPass. Now, that the photos are there all they need to do is get rid of the 7am “wake-up call” and limit the number of sales. (Express at Universal really can & does “sell out” some days!)

3 Likes

Is this really happening??! For someone who almost always rents a car like me, this is amazing!

5 Likes

It has been a very good day

4 Likes

Wow DLR park hopping 11AM

More magic key sales possible

More $104 tickets

4 Likes
4 Likes

Was it 2pm before? This is great but I really wish they would do the same for WDW.

3 Likes