Guys Iger is KILLING it - more updates from today 1/10/23

27 Likes

I’m sure Iger isn’t making these kinds of decisions, as parks wasn’t his wheelhouse, but I wonder if he set the tone to improve the guest experience, and Josh has been able to make these changes without the penny-pinching eye of Chapek looking over his shoulder…

12 Likes

This legit brings tears to my eyes. Like the Disney I knew and loved is on it’s way back. I’m thrilled!

11 Likes

This is all good…. Keep it coming!

5 Likes

Maybe not but

this

10 Likes

WOW!! These are the kind of things that actually get me, a Disney Refugee, looking back over their shoulder! Free Parking, Photopass included with G+!!! I’m not ready to do a 180­° and come back this year, but it’s a good first step!

Now, make G+ work like MaxPass did at DLR and I’ll definitely start turning walking back to WDW from Universal!! (Or make the program more expensive and function like Universal does!)

10 Likes

How’s that gonna work after 2pm just head over?

2 Likes

Not photopass, just ride photos which are meh.

6 Likes

Now if they got rid of park reservations and open up park hopping to any time instead of just after 2:00…

14 Likes

100% sounds like it

It’s also very good marketing. There have been so much negative news that something like this, especially doing multiple changes at once, changes the whole tone.

5 Likes

I’ve heard that this is just the beginning, not the end of these types of changes…

7 Likes

I think ride photos are the best part!!! That’s why I buy Photopass. I, usually, get our picture in front of each icon by a photographer. After that it’s all ride photos!!!

Looks that way… After 2pm, just scan in with your AP… Now, we need them to sell APs!!!

6 Likes

FREE PARKING!!! YES!!! That puts $150 back in my pocket!! :partying_face:

14 Likes

The latter might happen but I don’t think park reservations will ever disappear. They are too important for them to control and prepare for crowds, the financial importance is massive.

They might change the system somehow, but ultimately they will want to know how much people will be in parks each day and control that number when needed, like we’ve seen (fluctuating capacity)

2 Likes

A step in the right direction, but I’d keep an eye on my wallet. Iger’s a smoothie :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lol awesome-

My May trip I kept having to head out to AK ( only park available) scan in than head to the park I *wanted * to actually go to

2 Likes

I hope this is the next announcement :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

I actually think that park reservations will be mostly gone for resort guests, possibly multi-day ticket holders. They’ll stay for APs and sort of for single-day tickets (because you have to pick the park and those will sell out).

2 Likes

Lol we already are - I am sure the rack room price adequately covers the parking but no way he is footing the bill to bring ME back He patted our heads picked our pockets and made us feel good about it that’s why everyone loves Iger - stockholders fans ect

6 Likes

Yea… I’ve heard about that from many different places. It sounds like the need to enter park #1 before park #2 will be eliminated in this instance.

2 Likes