Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

I did it yesterday and waited on the last page and tapped the refresh button right at 7. I use my watch with a seconds counter to watch to the second when the time turns 7:00:00. I got BG70.

Did you get the same confirm party screen before the screen with Refresh?

Yes

We were at Epcot for our last park day yesterday. We (DS and I) tried at 7am and had no luck getting a BG. We were on cellular data with 2 iPhones and a 3rd as a timer. WiFi at Shades of green is terrible so we didn’t try. We both tried right at 6:59:59 and had to refresh a second time and by then they were gone.

We did not try for an ILL due to Disney dropping my shades of green reservation from their system 2 days before and me not wanting to spend lots of time on hold trying to get it to resync. I am not sure I would have bought it if I could anyway.

At 1pm we were sitting in connections cafe and tried on 3 iPhones with a 4th as the countdown. My DS had success with that attempt. Lots of cheering was heard around us in the packed restaurant. We got BG 174.

We left Epcot shortly after and hopped to HS and then AK. Came back to Epcot around 5:45 with our BG 5 away. We were called at 5:59. After entering the line it took about an hour until we got on the attraction. (I did not time it exactly because my phone was almost dead)

My whole family greatly enjoyed the ride. It think it was DS14 and my favorite ride. My DD16 likes RISE better but guardians is 2nd. My timid DD9 laughed the entire ride after telling me if was the worst ride ever due to the long wait is line. She changed her mind about that after riding! My DH felt very sick after riding. Said us was cool, glad he rode but probably won’t ride again.

6 Likes

:flushed:

3 Likes

There is PLENTY to experience in the queue. I didn’t get close to all of it during the D23 previews because I didn’t have to wait in the rooms for that long. When I was listening to a podcast talking about it, I was bummed that I avoided all spoilers because I totally would have let people pass me to get the whole loop in a couple of different rooms.

2 Likes

You can confirm your party up to 1 hour ahead of time. This was a change last fall. What drives me nuts is that Disney never mentioned this. In fact they recommend the opposite. Check VQ availability first and then enroll your group. :man_shrugging: (I’m assuming enroll your group means confirming your party)

1 Like

My first preview was a walk on and I while I did pause to look at stuff it wasn’t the same as being forced to look at it during the second preview that took an hour from getting inline to boarding.

I guess since I am a Guardians freak (and not that allergic to lines) I’m looking forward to “being forced” to experience it in August.

2 Likes

It was much better watching than walking through. Forced was a poor choice of word :wink:

2 Likes

Gotcha! :smiley:

We flew out today and had limited park time so I did ILL. I logged on at 7 am, was aiming for a 10 am, and got 9:55.

ILL was super fast and had a separate queue. I didn’t see any exhibits or anything so it was a little confusing in the pre show when they were like “now you’ve learned about Xander. I knew nothing! There was no wait and since I was in a hurry that was awesome.

I do not get motion sickness and felt a little nauseous and lightheaded afterwards. My friend who was with me did not. I had an empty stomach so I won’t make that mistake again.

I do not care for roller coasters (I’m fine on SDD/7DMT, will begrudgingly ride Everest, never doing RnRR again), and I would put it in the same category as Everest.

2 Likes

Oh! The merchandise store was closed. They told me merch was in the Creations store. I was disappointed as I didn’t want to spend the time to deal with the store, but saved some money so winning.

1 Like

They do have a MO ‘like’ for shopping at many Disney shops and I LOVE it and use it whenever possible b/c I never have to stand in a line and hardly anyone uses it.

1 Like

The merch line was very long all day. We never got in the line but at 11am in ran from the creation shop all the way along the construction wall toward WS and then back around toward Soarin. At 6:30pm it was just as long. 1:15pm might have been the sweet spot if wanting merch. The line only went partway up the construction wall towards WS. I think it was shorter then since park hopping hadn’t start yet. You couldn’t even get into Creation to look at anything else without standing in the line. No thanks, we passed on that.

Hmm we only waited a couple minutes to get in to creations. I swear it was around 6:30. The shop by the ride was open then and had a long line. I only wanted the dated merch and was told by a CM at the ride it was only in Creations.

It was probably closer to 7pm out last time walking by, since it was after we rode Guardians, the last time we walked by. We walked by creations 3 different times and always saw a line there but I could be wrong and there were times it wasn’t as long as others since I didn’t monitor it all day.
The only time I walked by the store by the ride (around 7pm) it was opened and had no line.

So funny how timing can change your whole experience :joy:

1 Like

I wonder about this too. With BG1, I want it to last 8 weeks!

1 Like

So by this, we should hit join virtual cue on the homepage a little before 7:00, then click confirm party on the 2nd page, then wait on the 3rd page and hit refresh at 6:59:59, right? It sounds like that’s what ThorKat did as well. I practiced a lot before doing this for RotR, just haven’t had time before this trip since they just started boarding groups.

2 Likes