Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

:joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to be at the world for 2 park days before I board the Halycon the first week of August. My plan is to do a half day (evening) in Epcot and a day at AK. Should I make my park reservations Epcot for both days in case Iā€™m not able to buy an ILL on my half day? Think I will be able to switch my park res the next morning to AK that morning if I dont end up needing try again to ride? I really want to ride this ride!

1 Like

How bad do you want it? Youā€™ll have VQ option x2 (7a, 1p) and also ILL$ option

Quite possibly but I wouldnā€™t count on it.

We will only be in Epcot from 5pm to 9pmā€¦ so my only option is do the ILL I thinkā€¦ b/c if i attempted the BG at 7am it might call us for a time too early. We will be on a plane that morning.

2 Likes

Oh gotcha.

BGs have always been able to show up lateā€¦

But ILL$ is definitely the safest option.

1 Like

so I should try for the BG first and then if I donā€™t get it, buy ILL? Think ILL will sell out in seconds?

No I think ILL$ is safest and you should do that first

2 Likes

Just to clarify a couple of things:

Are you staying on site? This will impact your ability to get ILL at the 7am drop. If you are offsite, you have to wait until park opening.

Also, for the 7am BG drop you do not have to be in the park. But for the 1pm drop, you do (or at least have to have entered).

I would try for ILL first since it is a priority for you, but itā€™s quite possible you would be able to get both a BG and an ILL. We wonā€™t know just how quickly they go until it fully opens. But next week demand will probably be higher than it will a few weeks later due to it being brand new.

2 Likes

Also along with what @Jeff_AZ said if your onsite and @ deluxe you may have the opportunity for Epcot evening hoursā€¦think I saw it further up the thread for an additional VB option

I will say that I am not a fan of the Ill+ but after riding it on the previews this is the only one at WDW I am willing to shell out for.

1 Like

Yes! So much this! It was unabashed, jumbo economy sized fun! I donā€™t know if our time slot was just particularly packed with fans, but in one scene where some of the characters were revealed, the whole crowd went crazy. When the ride was over, we were all whooping and cheering. I havenā€™t had fun like that on a Disney ride in I donā€™t know how long.

I rode the original Universe of Energy I donā€™t know how many times. One can argue about the thematic integrity or mission of ā€œEPCOT Centerā€ all one wants, but I just canā€™t imagine the continuum where I would trade Guardians for a barely disguised oil company promotional film with some dinosaurs.

10 Likes

We had our preview yesterday. Thought it was super fun and look forward to riding again. Still gets side eyes from me on how it fits at Epcot but trying to look past that!

2 Likes

So who is going opening day? We have EP APRā€™s and if we score BG we will be there!

1 Like

I avoid opening days. But Iā€™ll joyfully listen to your reporting :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

We are still pretty new to this being local thing. Plus if itā€™s too insane we will just leave :crazy_face:

1 Like

Not opening day but we will be there day 2!!

2 Likes

Same for us but also got dining reservations and itā€™s our anniversary so weā€™re going either way. Will just enjoy the chaos and have no expectations lol.

1 Like

We had our AP preview last week and I LOVED this ride. I get motion sick on elevators, so I start taking less drowsy dramamine the day before my trip and every day of. There was one point in the ride, near the end that I felt a little wonky, and when walking out I felt floaty, but not sick. I loaded onto the ride first (left side?) and we were in a car in the middle. I found that following the general rule like on FoP to look in the direction Iā€™m going helps with the sickness. My DH looked around while on the ride and he was a little more affected by it. I could not ride it back to back though.

4 Likes

Yes, staying on site! Iā€™ll go for the ILL first thing. I can try for a BG after that, but Iā€™m worried we will get called too early and we wonā€™t get to the park until 5pm or so. Would they still honor it? the 1pm drop wonā€™t work b/c Iā€™ll still be on plane lol.

1 Like

Yes, you can redeem a BG any time after the return window starts. At least that has always been the case in the past at WDW.

1 Like

I know Iā€™m asking the wrong crowd, but here goesā€¦

Is GOTG worth buying a one day ticket for?

We were just at WDW - left 3 days before ride opening. Couldnā€™t adjust that trip to be there after 5/27.
Weā€™ll be at Disney in July but not planning parks at this time.
We have no plans to visit again in the foreseeable future.

Also, Iā€™m not a huge Guardians fan. I would consider this for DH.

1 Like