Grrr - Southwest (and other General Aviation Rants)

This is the second change and I am still 88 days out.

I am going to be very annoyed if they delay loading us again to try to get additional crew members on these flights. They should be reserving 5-6 seats for this.

2 Likes

That’s crappy.

It’s super frustrating. Airlines shouldn’t be able to have 70 (ok I’m exaggerating) flights to choose from to buy and then cut it down to 10 and make everyone scramble.

3 Likes

More updates
Todays jet blue flight 1152 (MCO-BOS) is again delayed and not set to depart until 2.5 hours later (9:40 pm vs 7:20)
Deltas 7:30 pm flight is still on time.

Im watching both now!!

2 Likes

For those flying out of Boston on jet blue- be weary of any Sunday morning flights. Jet blue has been cancelling their early morning flights occurring Sunday mornings for the past few weeks. You should think twice about booking it.

Weekday and saturdays still appear to be ok.

4 Likes

I know it will likely change again but our flight for our August Yellowstone trip changed from midday to 5am. We are already staying an extra night on either side so as not to wear my Dad out too much on travel days…this is not helpful!

2 Likes

One of my employees is on her honeymoon in Mexico. They have been trying to leave for 3 days. They’ve been boarded and deplaned 3 times. This was her post today.

5 Likes

Just goes to show that in an oligopolistic industry, no one wins.

2 Likes

That’s terrible!

This is the worst piece. My cousin nearly missed that they had been rebooked on an entirely different itinerary until she tried to check in for the original flight.

1 Like

That’s awful.

We felt extremely lucky not to have any scheduling or rebooking issues with United or American

But we recognize that no airline is immune.

When we landed we saw that it appeared all of Spirits flights out of MHT for this morning were canceled or delayed.

1 Like

My turn

I booked a flight on delta so my mother would land at the airport about an hour after my southwest flight. We are at different departure gates so we can’t fly together. Her flight was supposed to depart at 8:20 today. At 1:30 AM we get a notification her flight is delayed 3 hours. I want to scream.

2 Likes

Sorry!

:sob::sob:

Oh my gosh.
These stories are insane.
Viva the road trip!

(But not from Mexico!)

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s a 17 hour drive. I don’t want to drive that solo nor do I want to add 3 hours to meet up with my mother before heading west.

2 Likes

Ugh. Yes. That’s a lot solo.

I successfully flew American to Dayton, OH two weeks ago, and then Southwest to Columbus, OH (with a layover in Chicago!) last week with absolutely no issues.

The Travel Gods were obviously watching over me.

Note I drove home to PA both times. Dh drove home from Dayton and dd20 and I first drove to IA, then drove back to PA from there over two days. Thankfully we don’t have any other road trips planned until Indianapolis in August.

3 Likes

My turn again, this time on the return flight. My mothers delta flight has been moved back 14 minutes, and my southwest flight was delayed 2 hours 20 minutes. (So far)

1 Like

Seems those in Washington are a little …ah… “off target” with what the complaint/problem is.

Short version: they’re more worried about refunds being promptly dispersed out and not actually the practice of cancelling and changing flights on whims.

So close guys, so close. :expressionless: Way to treat the symptom but not the disease.

I mean, I guess there’s an argument that if you’re forcing them to cough up refunds fast they’ll ease off on the canceling/delaying of flights. But ahhhh color me skeptical.

7 Likes