Grrr - Southwest (and other General Aviation Rants)

I have no doubt of that, but it felt good to say it anyway.

2 Likes

I responded to that same post… basically charging ports are great, but I can’t fly them again until I get direct PHL-MCO flights back.

6 Likes

Good point.

What I don’t get it these are all the same damn seat. Cost average
the seat, offer it for 1 price and have an add-on fee for 1)refundable/same day change and for 2)priorities and a free drink. If you want to offer extra rapid rewards, add it to each of the add-ons or drop it all together. But if your not out of seats on the plane, I should be able to buy a Wanna Get Away ticket class.

2 Likes

I just checked prices for the Auto Train on Amtrak.

I can travel one way (Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL) in a coach seat WITH MY CAR for $401. Can upgrade to a private “roomette” for $722.

In the past the AutoTrain has worked out to be less expensive than all of us to fly and rent a vehicle, but this is the first time I have seen it be less expensive for one person and a vehicle than a one way flight!

(Full disclosure, it would take 2-3 hours for me to get to Lorton to get on the train. 1-2 hours further than the Philly airport.)

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find airfare from either of two airports in western NY to any of four airports in the ATL/GSP/CLT/AVL. They are atrocious. AND as it is for a 17 yo who has never flow before. I am so worried about her getting screwed half way here. (DD’s BFF wants to come visit.)
I think it will be cheaper to meet her parents in WV and drive.

Airfare is a hot mess.

The past 2 days I have completely cancelled and rebooked flights for 2 trips, one for June and one for August (flying from BDL-MCO). I keep checking every day and occasionally something better will pop. The June trip I moved up a week because the I found a much better deal on the hotel and thankfully the flights were actually cheaper as well. The August one, just popped today with much better rates. I’m a little wary of that one because if it’s cancelled and we’re stuck in Florida, the boys will miss the first day of school. But I’m going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Anyways, my advice is to keep looking!

2 Likes

For those traveling jet blue this weekend: looks like they’re already planning on cancellations due to “weather”

Be aware!

2 Likes

I just dropped dd20 off at the Philadelphia airport. She is flying to Chicago on Southwest this morning (and then heading to do a month of spring training for her drum corps in Monmouth, IL).

So far the flight is on time Cross your fingers!

1 Like