Grown Ups Only?

Our son got married in June so this will be our first solo trip in 22 years.

We won’t know quite how to function. LOL.

Have any of you done a grown ups only trip?

2 Likes

We went without the kids in April for 3 days. It was awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solo and adult. LOVE IT!!

3 Likes

My wife and I went once when we were engaged in 2003 and once for a long weekend as Florida residents in 2005 when we were married. Honestly, the 2005 trip wasn’t as much fun because the “newness” had worn off. It had been quote some time since either one of us had been before the 2003 trip, so it was mostly all new for us then.

1 Like

My wife and I are doing a grown-ups only trip to celebrate her 40th. We are so looking forward to it. And kid’s took the news pretty well that they were not going.

5 Likes

Depends on your definition of “grown ups”. If you mean of the age to be considered an adult then yes. DW and I have been going to Disney without kids for the past 10 years, it is awesome.

5 Likes

Adult trips are the best! You do what you want, when you want. It’s easy to change plans on the fly. You don’t have to take many breaks either, so you can fit more in. Plus you can spend more on yourselves since you won’t have kids to pay for. WDW is my stress-free paradise.

3 Likes

Husband and I leave tonight to drive to the airport for our first adults only trip!! our kids are 11 & 7. First trip we’ve left them behind! i’m just going on a wing-it plan! early mornings for rides and then whatever we want to do in the evening! so excited!

7 Likes

Please report back :smiley:

1 Like

Bahaha, yeah, age is just a state of mind… and, at this point, of backaches :joy:

3 Likes

I just got back yesterday from a women only trip! It was myself and two friends who have never been to Disney World, so I pretty much got to plan everything and do all the things I wanted to do.

The weirdest part was skipping things like character dining (though we ended up doing Askerus) and things like Enchanted Tales with Belle that just didn’t have the same appeal.

1 Like

If everything works out DW and I will be attending a wedding in Orlando in April. Since we’re going to already be there we have added a day at MK after the wedding just us adults. Of course we love our DD5 but are pretty excited to be “on our own” for the weekend lol!

1 Like

DH and I have done several grown ups only trips, in various situations. Our first was before we had children, and was our first trip ever. As empty-nesters, who like to cruise, a few times we’ve had extra days (or just hours) before or after the cruise to spend on property. If it was too short for a park day, we did non-park things like DS, visiting resorts, and riding the monorails and boats. Once was a business conference at CS. Now that we’re retired with an AP, we’re doing a few trips this year to do things like new rides/lands, festivals, and holiday parties. It’s GREAT as a duo, without others of any age.

We didn’t tell our kids we went to WDW - they just knew we were going to “Florida” while they were at their grandparents!

First one is one month from today! We’re so excited. Kids will be 10, 13, and 16 when we go. We knew the oldest would be perfectly happy to stay home (he thinks he’s too mature for Disney these days :frowning: ) but the younger 2 took it better than we expected. The things we’re most excited about are:

• Staying out late together for HEA and Epcot Forever. One of the kids has a sleep disorder and can’t handle late nights, so always before one of us could go to the evening show while the other put DS to bed.

• Riding rides that the kids don’t want to ride, like Splash (2 have sensory issues and don’t like getting wet) and ToT.

• Eating at restaurants that don’t appeal to them.

• Spending a full day at Epcot without anyone saying they want to go back to the hotel!

I think many adults going to Disney without kids look forward to a slower pace, but it’s the opposite for us. Between DS’s special needs and my oldest’s attitude we end up taking things much slower when the kids are with us. We’re looking forward to a trip where we can RD and stay until close!

3 Likes

I’ve been several times with just DH or other adult friends. Honeymoon in 1988 which was a million years ago in Disney time! I don’t think the hotel where we stayed is even there anymore. A couple other trips with friends when we lived in Florida. Probably the least enjoyable trips were when DD was 3 and again when she was around 14. She got lost the first time and was just a bucket of adolescent attitude the second.
We took her and her BFF when they were 20 and we all had a blast! We’re going back in December just two couples for the guys to experience Star Wars. They’re super geeks. :smiley:
I tell people all the time, Disney really is for adults! :astonished:

2 Likes

Just did a grownups only trip with my husband for our 10th anniversary. We went in late August so, knowing the heat and also looking for a little relaxation from our 4 young kids, we did the pools during the day, and parks/dinners at night – highly recommend if you’re going during high heat and looking to take it easy! Relaxing during the day and then got to act like kids after bedtime!

I’ve done a couple of ladies trips, but they were specifically for Food & Wine Festival.

1 Like

DH and I have been twice without kids. It’s a totally different trip. We got to see more of the details of the World than we typically do with kids. We got to eat at places that our kids would never ever want to try. Adult trips are awesome!

3 Likes

Did adults only trip October 2016 and doing another october 2019 - it’s A BLAST

1 Like