Grown Ups Only?

Grownup Trips are the BEST!

Husband and I have been twice sans kids. It’s so nice to be in my favorite place with my favorite person – and he would say the same! :smiley:

We try to do things we wouldn’t ordinarily do with the kids in tow. And we slow down and relax more.

2 Likes

We went last May without kids for the first time. It was wonderful. We ate what we wanted when we were hungry. Oh yes, feeding two is much cheaper than feeding four! We did two late nights and slept in the next mornings. Best of all, we could see and do what WE wanted. Going again this January with my DD now 28 and paying her own way and again this spring–just the two of us!

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to it.

My DH isn’t a big theme park/disney fan, so here’s hoping he enjoys it too!

I don’t have children so most of my trips are adults only. It’s fun to go with friends’ and relatives’ kids but I love the freedom of it just being the hubby and me.

1 Like

our adults only trip (oct 2-7) was HUGE!!! we had THE BEST TIME!!! our kids face-timed us just a few times so we could show them the halloween decorations and merch and to see what we were eating! they were just as excited to “see” it as if they had been there! we went full speed ahead from rope drop to around 8pm then headed down to our hotel for a drink or two and bed! DH and I talked about how adults only is the way to do Disney!!! we ate and experienced things we would not have had the opportunity too had we had our kids in tow! we highly recommend a couples only/adults only trip!!! we were able to secure same day FP drops; park hop a lot; eat on the run; and could dodge people (walk) with ease! even though we were fast paced it was so much more relaxed hahaha!

3 Likes

We did lots of grownup trips before DD came along - maybe 15-20 or so. Completely different of course! For us it meant a lot more focus on food and drink, DH spent more time golfing and I did my favourite rides over and over (personal best is RnRC 24 times in one day). I also did a few solo trips when DH went on golf trips with his dad. Those were even better - complete freedom to do exactly what I wanted without having to take anyone else into consideration (probably makes me sound like a horrible person :joy:).

4 Likes

Sounds great! :smiley:

That’s a LOT of backstage passes! I am so impressed (and jealous)!

1 Like

This was back in the day of paper Fastpasses. When the CM at the FP entry saw me go to the Single Rider line for the 5th-6th time he asked how many times I was planning to go. As many as I can I said, so he gave me a whole bunch of Fastpasses to speed up the process. One of the CMs in the unloading area also took me through the corridor straight through to loading a few times, so I ended up at the front of the line without even having to exit the building. One of my best Studio days ever!! :blush:

3 Likes