Grinchmas

I just looked. I have Portofino for $336 a night including tax. The AP rate I see as of today is $386 plus tax. Did you see something different?

I have been so focused on my September rate I haven’t even been checking!

I switched to RP Sun-Thursday for $243!! The weekends are going to be hard to get a great rate due to OI events but weekday there is availability. I’m going to do a split stay.

2 Likes

I wish I could stay longer but DIL can only get one day off so we can’t even fly out until after work on Friday. That is an amazing rate!

I want to add in this thread that Pop Warner has canceled their contract with Universal. They are moving to SeaWorld & stay at thise affiliated hotels.

You can disregard my earlier comments now.

(I’ve booked a December trip now that they’re gone!)

7 Likes

I have an MVT rate for December 3rd and 4th. It’s for a 3 adults in a Portofino Bay Bay View 2 queen room. I could change to RPR and save $5 dollars a night but the extra space at PBH is worth it for 3 adults. If we didn’t have 3 adults, I could see switching.

1 Like

I saw it in one of the other threads, thanks. I moved my dates though as I didn’t realise Festival of the Holidays doesn’t start till after Thanksgiving. I’ll be at Universal 26th to 28th (which is TG) so I’m assuming it will be crazy busy and I’ll need Express Pass?

1 Like

I had a couple of recent “likes” from others to older posts that referenced my previous Pop Warner objections. Wanted to make sure those people saw the updated SeaWorld news

2 Likes

And you will be going to the Bourne Stuntacular, right?

Right?

3 Likes

I’m planning my whole trip around it.

1 Like

Correct

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information!

In reading some of your posts, you travel by yourself often. Did you do the Grinch Character Breakfast by yourself? I’ve dined alone at DLR but never at a character meal.

Or, at the risk of hijacking @missoverexcited thread, maybe I can crash someone’s vacation, it they are planning on going this year in December? I can be available December 9-14. Please PM me if I can join you for breakfast!

1 Like

Not this time! My wife did come with me as it was my birthday gift.

I do eat solo all the time & have no big issues. My only advice is to never let them seat you at the bar or at a two person small table in a corner. They will forget about you! It happened enough that I know to ask for it not to occur anymore!

If Universal offered more character meals I’d be there! I used to be a performer, so I am not shy about talking to The Grinch / Spider-Man / Princesses. Typically, they love it because I can improv with them and make it a bit more fun because I’m not “too cool” to play along.

2 Likes

Feel free to ask! I am wondering about doing the breakfast solo too. I thought my friend was going to come on the trip but she isn’t.

1 Like

Too bad our 2024 dates don’t align! We could have had breakfast with the Grinch together! :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

That would have been lovely!

1 Like

The problem with doing a big breakfast like that is that you get really full and don’t feel like doing rollercoasters for a while afterwards. You need a calmer activity. Maybe something seated.

Hmm. But what?

4 Likes

Luckily for me I can happily ride rollercoasters on a full stomach :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I like to “digest” while waiting an hour in queue for Hagrid’s! (not even really joking this time!)

2 Likes

I did it precovid and we had a reservation more than an hour before park opening. We ate,
Spent time with all the characters and made it to the front of the Hagrid’s line. Then we waited 50 ft before loading for the long delayed opening😀

1 Like