GOTG Screen and Scream 5/4

Just got an email about an even ton 5/4. Anyone else get it??

“be among the first to screen the all new GOTG Vol 3 at AMC DS on May 4 or later date using a Fandango voucher. Then cap off hte day with an after-hours access to World Discovery in Epcot for a scream-tacular party where you’ll enjoy attractions with a shorter than usual wait time, including GOTG and TT plus special Character sightings, snacks and more”

Members may book only one event package to allow as many members as possible to enjoy the GOTG Screen and Scream

Package is… okay here’s the debbie downer part “$89pp plus tax and gratuity. Includes admission to a private movie screening of GOTG at AMC DS and an after-hours event at Wold Discovery at Epcot. Movie screenings begin at 2pm. Epcot event hours are from 10p-1a”

You could also do just the scream package (no screen) and get a $15 voucher for Fandango to see the movie at another time.

Booking begins 4/19 at 11am eastern for all eligible DVC members

3 Likes

I just got this. I would totally pay for this if I was going to be in Orlando.

1 Like

I did not get an email and will be in the world but I can’t do it anyways.

1 Like

At least $25 of that is just the movie ticket! I would pay it but I already bought tickets to the theater by my house!

3 Likes

The mouse always knows…

For real though. Maybe you just haven’t received it yet? (Or spam box?) @OBNurseNH @PrincipalTinker @Kimluvsdisney What hotels do you have your DVC at? They might limit eligibility to certain hotels

On May 4th I am staying at GFVs. It is the reason I can’t do it. My sister has been waiting her whole life to spend a night walking up and down that staircase!

4 Likes

They can’t differentiate like that.

It’s just the usual email issues whereby many members don’t receive them.

2 Likes

I hardly ever receive them and I’m almost never among the first

I see articles about this:

ETA: Key info says it’s for DVC members who bought direct from Disney. I didn’t see mention of where said DVC member stays.

"All DVC members who have purchased directly from Disney Vacation Club are eligible to register. Registration will open on April 19, 2023, at 11 a.m. Eastern Time. "

2 Likes

Yeah considering the after hours events are usually like $129 per adult minimum, $89 including a movie ticket is a steal.

3 Likes

Yeah too bad I’m not DVC :rage:

2 Likes

I don’t get the benefits either. :man_shrugging: But it’s not worth the direct premium for these minor benefits that I am rarely in Orlando to use anyway.

1 Like

Do you know anyone who is??

(I will not be there then, sorry)

2 Likes

Only liners :grimacing: who’s going?!

1 Like

D23 did a screening/party thing for Wakanda Forever but it was just at AMC in DS

2 Likes

I miss the Disney Blog movie previews they used to do at DS.

2 Likes

We did a couple there thinking it would be a bigger deal. I just starting getting tickets closer to home because it wasn’t anything special that made it worth the drive! :rofl:

1 Like

Before the pandemic, Disney Parks Blog would do previews and make it a bigger deal. We saw Zootopia, Moana, and Mary Poppins Returns. Usually was the Saturday morning before the premiere, and they handed out all sorts of freebies. I remember magic bands, sunglasses, (Moana was on the Poly beach), photo backdrops, etc.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s kind of what we expected!

1 Like

Assuming I can get tickets, we’ll be there. The family is super stoked, especially with the After Hours thing the night before at HS.

We’ll be trying for both the movie and the after hours thing. Works perfectly because I already had Enzo’s booked for lunch and Teppan Edo for dinner!

3 Likes