Got my fast passes today with the help of a leading reservation! (changed from throwaway room)

Honestly, it’d be easier to do after hours or early hours. They just take so long to publish!!!

1 Like

Do you need a regular entrance ticket for DAH as well as the DAH ticket? Also, with the amount of people they let in, is it worth it? Are the wait times much better?

No extra ticket needed, but will cost more. I haven’t heard a bad report yet. I don’t think Disney has raised the number of people let into the event, yet.

2 Likes

I don’t think they will add a lot of people to the event. That’s the whole appeal of that event (as opposed to the parties, that have the extra/rare characters, the candy/cookies, etc…).

1 Like

Well from what I have read the Halloween and Christmas parties have really had an uptick in tickets sold in the past few years, but hopefully their greed won’t win out with these events.

1 Like

Yeah, but again the big selling point for those is the characters, the special ride overlays, and the food. For the after hours events, the selling point is that you’re I’m an empty park. Make it too crowded and people will stop going.

3 Likes

Hopefully so. Keep the crowds at a low point, and the pricing somewhat decent, and it might be something that could really be a win-win for the guest and Disney for years to come.

2 Likes

I saw a big change in crowd levels at MNSSHP from 2003 to 2013, but haven’t been back since 2013. My first MNSSHP was 2003. Very reasonable crowds. Most rides were 10 mins or less with many walk-on for much of the night. When I went to MNSSHP in 2013, crowds were much, much larger but were still manageable if you were willing to stay until closing. Long waits for the special characters and ride waits were fairly long prior to the fireworks. After the fireworks, most rides were walk-on.

I am considering going back to MNSSHP this year, but from some of the things I have read, the crowds are now much larger than when I last went in 2013.

I suspect that WDW will do the former for the reason other posters stated, but as for the latter, I expect that if EMM/DAH sell out, then prices will go up (perhaps even dramatically). Look at the way the pricing for the parties has gone up. And once SWGE opens, the prices for EMM/DAH for SWGE should be astronomical.

Yeah. I keep waiting for fall dates and it looks like I nay be waiting a long time for news. Appears that at this point, WDW doesn’t want to commit to these events too far out. The dates/tix for the Halloween and Christmas seen to be available earlier and earlier each year showing that WDW is committed to those events. Much less commitment at this point to EMM/DAH.

1 Like

Ok, I am fixing to head to bed. Almost 10 here in Georgia, but I will keep an eye out for all new info.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be unreasonable for WDW to say that if you change your res to start your trip later, then you have to redo your Fastpasses on the date of the change. It only effects those who wait until inside 60 days of their first day to change their res (and then only those who cancel/reschedule the first part of their trip). It’s sort of a “cancellation fee” for pushing your onsite start date back less than 60 days out, but the fee is you need to rebook Fastpasses instead of money.

1 Like

I actually have a legit reservation at a DS Hilton because I don’t know exactly when DS20’s finals end. Would the only way to not lose my FPs for the rest of the trip be by unlinking that room? It’s only a couple of days, probably won’t even go to Disney those days anyway, luckily.

Thank goodness I have no FP booked yet. I kind of think DSS would bail me out becuase I’ll have some Club level fastpasses, but I sure don’t want to count on that to help rescue the regular ones I will book at 60 days.

I guess the solution is to do all DAH and club level FP. That’s a lot of $$ to make sure I don’t lose the FP.

1 Like

I do think it’s unreasonable. Life happens, and the 60 day reservation is a perk of staying onsite. As long as you have a valid reservation on the days of your FPs, I think they should allow you to keep them. You lose any that are on days you are no longer staying on property.

Frankly if that happened to me, I would cancel altogether - and I think it would make a lot of angry guests. Disney doesn’t want that.

1 Like

Since you haven’t booked FPP yet, I would just wait and see what happens during this upcoming week. People will know quickly what the news is (and honestly, just as quickly what the work around will be!).

2 Likes

Haha, yep! I know I can count on my genius Liner buddies to figure it out.

My club level FP will be available in about two weeks, but there’s not exactly a stampede for that. The DAH days for May are more important as a substitute for those, and I’m still waiting for dates to be released.

I’ll just leave everything as-is for now. Thanks!

1 Like

After reading this thread and threads on other boards, it seems Disney permitting “leading reservations” also makes for “a lot of angry guests”.

Yes, and the perk gets diluted if enough people are making “leading reservations”. Furthermore, the perk is 60 days I advance and a “leading reservation” gives guests making them a perk of more than 60 days.

I see your side of it. There are many people who book and change for good reason. It’s really a question of which side Disney comes out on, but there are reasonable arguments to be made for both sides.

Ultimately as word of “leading reservations” spread and more and more guests learn and use the “trick”, I suspect Disney will eventually (maybe not now) do something about it and it will negatively impact those who legitimately push back the start date of their trip. But so does the $200 package cancellation fee at 30 days and the 1 night stay penalty for room only reservations at less than 5 days. “Life happens” 30 days out and 5 days out too.

1 Like

Ok, what about things like cancel and rebook? This is a common scenario - you cancel and rebook to take advantage of a discount. Or, you wanted a Poly Bungalow, but none were available, so you book a room at the Contemporary. But, 30 days out you see that a Bungalow comes available, so you book it, spending more money at Disney… Technically, these are new reservations. But you are still staying at Disney.

I’m not arguing for leading reservations - I don’t think it’s a great practice. But I think trying to limit it would be more troublesome for Disney than what it’s worth to them. Sure, some people on message boards who know about it get upset. I guarantee you the vast majority of guests don’t even know that practice exists, and so they don’t care. But if you tell them that if they have to knock one day off, they lose their FPs, you’ll have a lot of unhappy guests.

This one was a no brainier. There isn’t a way that this could be done legitimately, so it’s easy to patch. But trying to curtail leading reservations leads to too many issues, so I doubt they will do anything about it.

Besides, it only affects 2 attractions currently - FoP and SDD. It’s not a big enough issue for the headache that Disney would encounter.

1 Like

But you would have a replacement reservation, so that is already covered. They are giving people 2 days grace, presumably to rebook.

I do think you are probably right. But I also think they will look into how to stop leading reservations too.

So when someone cancels, the system could do the following:

• flag the account with the start date of the cancelled reservation

• after 2 days, scan for a new reservation

• if a new reservation is made, for a date within say 2 days of the original, unflag everything

• if no new reservation is found, or it starts later, the FPs could be deleted.

As long as you cancelled between 30 and 60 days, you would still have something of an advantage over offsite guests to rebook them.

As someone said, it’s like a cancellation penalty. And by giving people a couple of days to push back a reservation for flight reasons or whatever, they allow for genuine changes within 60 days.

1 Like

I saw a rumor that Disney is to begin to cancel FPs if room is cancelled, starting on 2/4.