Good to Go Days paused

I hinted above we may be upgrading to APs on our December trip but I have questions.

We currently have a bounce back package with 4 day park hoppers.
Can I call up and upgrade the tickets to APs before we get there?
Specifically, if I can do this will I be able to get the AP discount on Keys to the Kingdom tour? Without having activated it yet?
I’m assuming I would want to book that 60 days out.

Thanks. I truly never thought I would even consider an AP but here we are!!

1 Like

Pretty sure you pay at check-in for the tour, not on booking (though I could be mistaken for sure - I know this is variable from tour to tour). In that case you absolutely can get the AP discount because you’ll have had to activate before entering the park for the tour.

I would definitely book 60 days out - 60+10 if available on this tour.

2 Likes

I just checked the fine print “full payment is due at booking”.

2 Likes

Ah then probably not unless you call to book it. Then the agent could see that you have an AP (you’d have to purchase it in advance) and they could manually grant it vs the computer which I don’t think would see it maybe?

2 Likes

Thanks for answering. I just chatted online with them. FYI
a) I can upgrade to APs once the package has been fully paid
b) I would not be able to get the discount on KttK until it has been activated

You are probably correct that if I called a CM might pixie dust and give the discount if they see we have them but they don’t have to.

3 Likes

So I searched Park Reservations because I didn’t want to start a whole new thread and this thread came up. Hopefully my comment feels relevant to this post!

I am using convention tickets so I need to make reservations. It’s fine by me and I made mine yesterday for a couple of the days. When I made them yesterday MK/DHS were full on March 11 so I booked Epcot but today they are all available again? Is this usual?

1 Like

I would think they could refund you the discount once it’s activated though.

2 Likes

Just like the old park reservations for everyone, I think they refresh the bucket from time to.

5 Likes

Ok well that’s good! I’m glad I didn’t stress about my weekend reservations since they are all wide open now! I assume it will be busy.

3 Likes

Psst! I’m treating myself to this next month!

5 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Now I am checking it because my work has a conference ina wrek and a half. Those attendees will be so mad (at us) if they buy tickets and can’t get in!

Looks open again. Except for today (HS is full).

2 Likes

Can you send an email blast stressing the urgent nature of the park ressies task?

1 Like

The best I got on this point was my blog. Its in there. But you would to actually read it (at least it was in the first item)

People were angry Universal didn’t offer a discount. (Which was lame).

2 Likes

Since I mentioned earlier that we might be upgrading to APs I can say now that it is CERTAIN!!! :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

We will upgrade on our December trip which originally had 4 day hoppers which almost covers half of the AP. We will be at WDW 12/2 to 12/10 already halfway to being free days and I’m looking. forward to being able to go to a park for a couple of hours and then call that a day, over several days rather than needing to “get it all in” in the 4 days.

BUT…

The reason disney math will work for us is that I am bringing my dear friend and her family (H and S) during her spring break at the end of March 2025!!! I’ll put more details later somewhere more appropriate because I will have questions. Anyway, that would be at least a 4 or 5 day park hopper and viola disney for the win!! Also, DF’s DS will be 11 and has never been on a roller coaster!!! :scream: :scream: :scream: He is an absolute delight!!!

So excited!!!

14 Likes

So excited for you!!!

3 Likes

April 22nd & 23rd added.

1 Like

Hey, FYI - I know you already got confirmation on this, but we have legacy AP’s linked to MDE which are not activated yet (as I’ve mentioned in another thread). I’m not sure if we are using these in July or if we are buying tickets. But just to be safe, I just tried to book a park reservation for our first day and was able to book it. So, the system recognized my inactivated AP’s for park reservation purposes, even though I cannot view passholder discounts on rooms.

2 Likes

Fancy

Didn’t expect existing reservations to automatically go away

4 Likes

Yeah I bought and booked her the other day. Thanks for the tag and follow up!!

1 Like