Good news/bad news Skyliner

I cannot get over how much that looks like my friend’s husband. He’s not quite as limber though.

1 Like

On a very special episode of Ryan’s Stream of Conciousness…

(can’t wait to see what we’re going to get on the Season finale)

2 Likes

h’ok… time for the inner child to take the reigns real quick

ok… if it’s shaved sorta into a phallic shape… is it called a Dick Van Dyke?

6 Likes

3 Likes

And I DON’T want that kind of surface crap. I’d rather save my energy for people I’m going to see again - and people randomly in a line or a theme park vehicle (or even at a cruise ship table) aren’t in that category.

1 Like

That’s the concept–social norms. Now that I think about it–chatting to random people in an elevator: that would be weird! But I associate gondolas with at least minimal friendly rote interaction–like saying thank you if someone opens the door for you. But they are both transportation, so I can see how other people would think: why is this stranger trying to talk to me?

Fascinating.

1 Like

I grew up in New England and lived in Maryland for a few years. It was surprising to see the differences when checking out of the grocery store! The MD stores always seemed so slow by comparison. There was often no separate bagger so the cashier was scanning and bagging, and whether you chatted with them or not, their pace just seemed slower. There are many things that I miss from MD, but the grocery stores are not one of them.

1 Like

I think the biggest difference in the skyliner vs a bus or elevator is that with the skyliner you are facing the other person/ group vs all facing 1 direction waiting for the elevator to get to your floor. I’m definitely a polite southerner so I just find it really hard to not at least minimally interact with someone sitting face to face with me.

3 Likes

Agreed. I find it fascinating too.

1 Like

Refer to his hairstyle as a Skullett. If he doesn’t know what that means tell him it is a , “A skull on top and a party in the back.” Or just tell him to google it, because google is much more blunt. Might inspire him to trim and/or shave.

1 Like

Ignoring the honor system, when I was there precovid by just days last year every time we rode on it my husband and I were given our own cart, never rode it at beginning or end of day.

Update: have been on four times today, only shared a car this morning on the way to HS from the hub. Pop>CBR had my own car, CBR>HS shared with a family of 4, HS>CBR had my own car, CBR>Epcot had my own car.

7 Likes

How have the waits been?

About 5 minutes this morning to HS but I was behind the rope drop crowd. Otherwise pretty much walk-on. Waited with just a few parties in between me.

2 Likes

RD to HS, what time did you get to the Skyliner?
If I missed that part, I’m sorry. We will be at AoA in a few days and wondered about morning timing for the Skyliner.

I understand your preference. And I’m sure you are able to send that signal to other passengers. :+1: I just meant that it isn’t necessarily fake when someone takes an interest in others. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I’m moving from NY to SC.
I’m in for a culture shock, aren’t I?

3 Likes

I’d go with something like “technically I’m not allowed within 1000ft of schools, but that doesn’t apply here I guess”

4 Likes

I wasn’t trying to rope drop, and I left pop at about 8:30, made it to HS at 8:55. For rope dropping, which I did on Monday, I got to the Skyliner at 7:40. It was loading more slowly at CBR because they were still only doing 1 party per car. I got to HS at maybe 8:30 that day. I waited for 35 minutes at CBR.

2 Likes

Possibly!