Good neighbor Hotel

Is the Best Western Park Place a bad option? Sorry to hijack, OP!

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think any of the hotels along Harbor Blvd. are bad. Over the last 40+ years I’ve stayed at almost all the hotels around. And the IHOP one night too :rofl: We will all have different experiences. Even if there is a bad report or review and I think I might like it I will try it out. I say this because there was one friend who would complain no matter what or where to try to get free stuff all the time :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I stayed at the BW Plus Park Place (the one immediately across the street from the walkway) in October and I loved it. Can’t be any closer and I’m a 33yo woman who went solo and felt fine walking both ways rope drop & park close.

7 Likes

So I decided on the family suite at Camelot. Thanks everybody for the advice.

We’re there for a week. With 3 park days and a day in LA. Feel free to drop any additional tips for park, LA travel, and must eats (Lobster Nachos already at the top of the list)

6 Likes

Great choice! We stayed in a family suite at the Camelot for a week in December. It was perfect for us. So much space!

We were on the top floor (5th), so obviously no complaints about footsteps above. The only noise we experienced were when other guests were walking past our window. Well, that and fireworks. :laughing:

We requested a park view, which also minimizes the walk. Room remodel looked great, very clean. McDonald’s next door was convenient for breakfast. Our routine was to split up each morning. Wife would get the breakfast and I would take the stroller and get in line for security. Then we would eat while waiting for the park gates to open.

4 Likes

Edited the post above because Camelot has 5 floors not 4.

Here’s the view from the window of room 502:

And this was from the walkway outside the door:

5 Likes

That’s beautiful!! :blush: :heart: I have to say I’ve stayed at most all places on Harbor and that has got to be hands down the best view yet!! At Tropicana the trees have grown that it blocks the view

2 Likes