Good neighbor Hotel

Hi we are WDW “experts” but first time heading to Disneyland and all the hotel options are making me cross eyed. I think I’ve narrowed down my choices (emphasis on think). I need some of your expertise. I’m looking at Cambria or courtyard convention center.There’s about a $400 difference between these 2 hotels and I’m wondering is it worth it to spend the money for the courtyard, that’s not even theme park entrance?

I’m looking for a room that offers separated spaces either by a door or wall that’s one reason I’ve narrowed down to these but feel free to drop other suggestions

3 Likes

I can only speak to the Courtyard bc I stayed there on my one and only trip to DL and also a conference. The hotel was adequate, but I didn’t really like the location. It’s tucked back behind a restaurant and I just felt a little sketched out walking to and from the ART transit locations and the walk to DL was just too far for me.

I’m debating hotels for my upcoming trip as well.

1 Like

This one thing I was definitely worried about. Wherever I pick I would atleast like to be able to walk to the park even if we have to Uber back but best case scenario we’ll be able to walk both ways.

It definitely is walkable. I did it twice, but honestly I was so done by the time I made it there and back I made sure to catch the ART bus on subsequent days. Plus I was solo so those last few steps even from the bus stop had me on high alert.

I’ve been researching this since 2019!! (rescheduled 3 times now!)

If you want to “see” these hotels & walking distances there are a lot of good YT channels

I really like this couple:

Also… it may sound silly, but I used a Google Map to really see the area and how close everything actually is…

2 Likes

I do the same and have watched a few videos on that channel too! I’m still very indecisive. Also I have a hard time spending more on better accommodations when there are cheaper options that will suffice you know?

2 Likes

Yeah… I found them because I was debating an on-site vs. off-site stay. I’m staying at CGH, after A LOT of debate, but every once in a while they’ll show a hotel that makes me rethink my choice!!

1 Like

I’m opting for the JW Marriott in February. A friend of a friend who I follow on Instagram has stayed there a couple of times and his reviews (plus my friend’s of their Bonnet Creek resort) convinced me to look at it. It’s slightly pricier than a couple of other options, but not ridiculously more.

2 Likes

Didn’t you at one point consider switching out DL to DCL? Does this mean it’s back on?

1 Like

Any standouts in your mind?

I had actually done that. I didn’t want to risk getting to the port and testing positive and being stuck, so I changed it back. And because I was in the cancellation penalty dates I just moved the cruise to August before my WDW trip.

The biggest irony is that now that I’ve tested positive I could have done the cruise anyway - because you can test positive for about 90 days once recovered you can have a note from your doctor verifying that you tested positive and have recovered in the prior 90 days.

3 Likes

Some closer options to look into are Tropicana, Camelot (they are sister properties located across the street and both have suite options), Park Vue (also directly across the street and has many different suite options). Going out further is Homewood Suites, which gives you access to the Toy Story Parking lot shuttles. There is also a closer Courtyard Marriot, theme park entrance. I have never stayed there, but will be in March. I have stayed at Tropicana and Camelot and was happy with both. There is also a Fairfield next to them, but I am not sure about the suite options. I personally was happier with Camelot and Tropicana. I am excited to try the Marriott in a few months.

https://homewoodsuitesbyhiltonanaheimresortconventioncenter.reservationstays.com/requests/0u2_KmGS_yoZGpnExdqBvQ/hotels/0Gq3XKgl

https://www.reservationcounter.com/hotels/show/5f813ae/courtyard-by-marriott-anaheim-theme-park-entrance-anaheim-california/?cid=sem::TPRC::AWM::::::::&creative=425446083759&device=m&AdPos=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&iv_=__iv_p_1_a_982057668_g_98799549293_w_dsa-918017160691_h_9031827_ii_1013542_d_m_v__n_g_c_425446083759_k__m__l__t__e_213012913300_r__vi__&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2sqOBhCGARIsAPuPK0gBwDGSj67OyW7i4vSDcoUttqJmaVZ3b-PVXazFDJh0oPJXZBYPv0MaAnUREALw_wcB

There are many others too. Ask lots of questions. We are all happy to help.

3 Likes

Someone else told me park Vue I need to check them out and sounds like I need to revisit Tropicana it’s been coming up a lot. The pictures of Camelot have me worried about cleanliness. When did you stay there last?

3 Likes

I actually was considering this one but it seemed like we would have to Uber a lot. Do you happen to know what the walk is like?

1 Like

I actually did that yesterday because everything says walking distance and with 3 kids in tow that’s definitely relative at the end of the night lol

1 Like

I’ve found a couple of videos that say 12-15 minutes cutting through the Garden Walk. It doesn’t seem too bad to me, but I live in NYC and walk everywhere - so my view of a “long” walk is very different than people from car cultures.

2 Likes

October. Make sure you aren’t confusing Camelot with Castle Inn. They are very different hotels!

1 Like

You’re right I think I am confusing them.

1 Like

It happens a lot. I still prefer Tropicana over Camelot, but essentially they are the same hotels with different theming. Both were just renovated prior to the pandemic. We were supposed to stay at Tropicana in October but my sister dragged her feet too long. I was pleasantly surprised. Loved the close proximity to McDonald’s and Panera for breakfast.

1 Like

Camelot was close enough (so is Tropicana, it is actually a bit closer) for us to take a restroom break at one point. A member of my party was feeling a bit “shy” about using the restroom in the parks, so we walked back to the room, took care of business and were back in line at IASW with the rest of our party in less than 40 minutes (the walk from Jungle cruise to the hotel was about 10 minutes).

1 Like