Going to Universal - FOR REAL!

I think we’ve discussed before that certain roller coasters aren’t as safe to operate at low temperatures. It looks like it’s in the 50s today. Not sure if that qualifies as “cold” in roller coasters terms.

1 Like

But RRR is the only coaster that is closed. And it’s not that cold.

Well this is no help:

1 Like

HRRR will close in high winds too because they built a roller coaster in a wind tunnel.

2 Likes

Thanks, hopefully we’ll hear what the deal is with HE.

:joy:

3 Likes

I hope we find out the reason. I’d be disappointed if I paid extra for ptp, and wasn’t able to ride.

1 Like

Ok… I’m only 10 days away from my trip!

I’ve held off on making my final payments because I’m been keeping an eye on the weather. (However, it’s looking like the sun will come back out and get back into the mid-60’s / low 70’s)

I’m really trying to make sure my plans include include “down time” to relax and take it all in, but it’s so hard for me!

With that in mind, this will be my first AP. Can anyone tell me exactly where to go to get the “swag”? (stickers / magnet / etc…) Also, are there any other “perks / goodies” that I may not know about?

4 Likes

Great time for a trip–my family will also be heading that way in 10 days! I’m afraid there isn’t much free swag at the moment. Universal stopped doing the buttons and magnets indefinitely as of this month, though they’ve promised “exciting offerings” to be announced. They do various seasonal perks, including certain passholder dining spots, meals, etc., which they highlight on the passholder page: Universal Orlando. Right now, it’s a BOGO passholder souvenir refillable coke freestyle cup, but looks like that ends Jan. 31. Hopefully something else pops up for February.

1 Like

Wow, the forecast looks amazing.

Have you considered the rooftop bar at Aventura?

1 Like

There are so many places like that where I know I’d enjoy it. However, I’m having trouble pulling myself away from the attractions & shows!! (The parks will close at 7pm those nights, so I do have time to wander then!)

This is my first trip w/out having to take my family. I love them, but they are soooo picky about everything. So I’m looking forward to being in the parks w/out having to be a tour guide for anyone!

I will have the AP, but haven’t decided how often I’m going in 2022. I had a plan to do an AP in 2023 and had it all mapped out. Now, I’m having to readjust because “technically” I still have a trip booked to DLR at the end of this year. (That’s time & money I have to decide if I’m really committed to doing.) I talked to my DW just last night and I’m trying so hard to persuade her to forget DLR and come toUniversal instead. (She doesn’t even love theme parks, but I think she likes the idea of going to California… :man_shrugging:)

3 Likes

I don’t know about Schwag but I think I read in the guidebook there is an AP lounge in USF? Maybe it’s there?

I found out that Universal has “suspended” it’s goodies and such. (as of 2022) The lounge is still there, but it’s just a rest area.

2 Likes

What about the Amex one? Just a rest area too? The book said granola bars and waters. I actually have that card but I don’t use it but when I read that I thought next time I buy tix I should use it and check that out.

It’s gone too. AMEX has discontinued its partnership w/ Universal as of late 2021

I was gonna sign up for an AMEX to get the $200 sign-up rebate and have access to the lounge. I may still do it later in the year for the rebate though

2 Likes

:frowning: :sob:

So…today is the last day I have to go to work before my trip! Now, it’s time to start getting my bags together. I don’t think I’ll be able to do a “live” trip report. I’ll only have my phone with me and don’t want to try to type out paragraphs with my fat thumbs!

7 Likes

Hope you have the best time @darkmite2! I’ll be eager to hear how it goes.

2 Likes

Solution:

Just send photos!

TIA for any reporting you can do :blush:

5 Likes

Will do! I’ve bookmarked the forums on my phone’s browser… :smiley:

2 Likes

Woohoo! Have a great time, @darkmite2!

1 Like