Going to Disney to deal with grief?

I’m sorry to hear your Mum has taken a turn for the worse, sending hugs.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this- I followed your last trip and was so happy you made all those memories. I lost my dad last year at Thanksgiving and knew if I was to stay home this year I would be miserable, so I booked a week at Grand Floridian for just my husband and I and our two kids. For me (us) it was exactly what we needed to bed able to grieve but also be in a sort of bubble if you will. We talked a lot about my dad all week and though it was hard to leave and come back to reality, I am really glad we went. I am not sure if in your case it might be hard since you and your mom took such a special trip there recently. Anyway, my heart goes out to you and I pray for a peaceful passing for you mother. Sending hugs.

7 Likes

I have nothing to add to the wonderful wisdom already shared, I only wanted to say I’m thinking of and praying for you and your mom right now.

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom, Randall. Hugs to you.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed your reading your trip report with your mom. It was so heartwarming how you traveled together and how you cared for her during your trip. I am sorry that you are now in the painful place of saying good bye. Death and the grief it brings are terrible. I hope that the memories of your mother bring you peace and that you experience support and love as you say goodbye.

Grief is hard. It will be hard if you go to Disney or if you stay home. If you intentionally bring your grief with you to Disney then it may be a time of healing and remembering joyful times with your mother. Give yourself permission to mourn, cry, and be sad.

Sending you much liner love.

7 Likes

Looking at your photos again I am reminded of how much I enjoyed reading your trip reports. They are a reflection of your special bond and love for each other and Disney. Only you know what is right for you. Peace.

3 Likes

I am so sorry you are going through this amigo mio. Please know that we are there for you always. Your mom would love it if you would make new memories in WDW, I’m sure of thatbut only you know if it feels right. A big hug for you and your family!

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope you find much joy and happy memories everywhere you go! A big hug for you amiga!

3 Likes

Sorry for the sudden silence. Mom passed on at around 5:30 tonight and I’ve been a mess since.

I’ve been preparing for months and it’s even worse now. She was so scared even with all of us with her and holding her hand.

I’m really going to miss her.

16 Likes

May God hold her hand and welcome her amigo.

6 Likes

I’m so, so sorry. :cry:

May peace be yours in the days ahead. I hope memories like the ones you’ve shared here with us, and all the other wonderful ones I know you must have, comfort you now and always.

We are here for you, and I hope you feel us lifting you up.

:broken_heart:

4 Likes

I’m so sorry Randall. Sending love to you and all your family.

3 Likes

:sob::broken_heart::sob: I pray that you find comfort and solace soon.

3 Likes

for_randall

5 Likes

I am so sorry. It is hard to lose a parent. My prayers are with you.

3 Likes

I am so sorry Randall. I know your mom knew how loved she was. If you need to vent, or for anyone to just listen/distract you. Please know we are here. Hugs

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. Your Mom had such a nice smile and from your reports quite a great spirit also! Death is hard do whatever you need to do for your spirit. Please know we are all thinking of you.

3 Likes

Now that I have some rest under me…

Thank you all for the kind words and advice. They did help indeed. I have a lot to do this week for final arrangements, so I’m not sure I’m going yet(might not have time to go anyway), but one thing I am sure of is this week is going to suuuuck.

4 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss, Randall.

3 Likes

Sending healing thoughts as you navigate through this difficult time. I lost my dad 13 months ago and I know this time totally sucks. I am so sorry.

2 Likes