Give Us This Day Our Daily Thread: Tues 7/22

There you go @Lentesta The one and only time I will comply with your punny request :wink:

Happy Tuesday, Liners! Chat away!

I am SEVEN days out and silly with excitement. This time next week I’ll be stepping out of work/arriving home, and grabbing a quick shower before heading to MHT to catch a plane to MCO!

10 Likes

Have a fantastic trip!

2 Likes

But are you bringing kids? We are 9 days to AKL & DS10 has him drum packed & ready to go.

2 Likes

Yes @MagicMN we are bringing DD10 and DS6. We are AKL 7/29-8/5, in parks all days but arrival (6:30pmish to resort) and 7/31 (resort day). We have no drums. What does this mean???

1 Like

Thanks, @Tinkswdwbest :slight_smile:

1 Like

11 days here - and apparently all the excitement - and planning - has gotten to me… I had a dream last night that I left the bag with all the cool stuff I got just for this trip at home - no Frog Toggs, no ponchos, no fans, no sunglasses! It was horrible! Guess I know what’s on my mind!

2 Likes

I am going to stalk you August 2, @OBNurseNH

2 Likes

I have too many days lol. But excited for those of you about to go!

2 Likes

@clairenmn I had dreams the other night whereby I kept looking for MDU and Magic MN (not having any idea what they look like, which made it really hard and the dreams of the never ending sort… I was exhausted when I woke up!

1 Like

I am counting on it @Sing_a_ma_jig_Keli

1 Like

@OBNurseNH they sell drums in the gift shop at AKL - african / bongo type style - and they are irresistible to a young boy.

Over your stay your kids can participate in different cultural activities and earn beads - they are pretty cool, small plastic and shaped liked their activity, such as drums, giraffes, etc. You collect them on a lanyard.

Sounds like you are doing big touring but if you were around the resort at all during the day get a guide and it will tell you where “bead” activities are taking place. Maybe on your resort day?

DS10 likes to sit out on the balcony and play his drum - it’s cute. And then he brings it to the drum session in the lobby (I think it’s around 5:30pm in Jambo).

1 Like

Happy Tuesday liners! My countdown is 3. Converting all my travel docs to one big PDF to save on my iPhone. Thinking about last minute things to pick up at the store. Doing a little more magic band decorating. And screenshotting all those FP+ reservations!

So do we have to switch from using FPP to FP+ now? Sigh.

6 Likes

Thanks @MagicMN I will be sure to avoid allowing DS6 finding out about the drums. You tell him and I will get revenge … :wink:

I know about the beads, etc. We are having Thurs 7/31 at the resort. Was considering DTD but the construction issue concerns me and the allure of AKL is probably too much for me to resist. Really looking forward to this stay - never thought we could afford AKL but here we are! :smile:

2 Likes

At least we can use a + now @Sorcerers_Apprentice lol

2 Likes

What a great idea - I should do that too @Sorcerers_Apprentice (re: travel docs - PDF - dropbox!)

I am making a Target/DollarStore/any other store we need run on Thurs as the weather here will be icky.

1 Like

@Sorcerers_Apprentice Meaning you are there when we all descend again? Yes? Please?

1 Like

Have a great trip guys! Today is my Phineas & Ferb day - 104! Sing it with me now…

It’s a hundred and four days 'til mama’s vacation
Got a gift card and I want to spend it!

Can anyone think of what should come next?

4 Likes

I am not good on making up songs, but once you write it I will sing it!

2 Likes

Nope. Just a four day weekend with BeckyVee.

2 Likes

@OBNurseNH When my family and I were at AKL in January, we had a hard time leaving the resort for park time. So much greatness! Plan on it- AKL is wonderful and amazing.

2 Likes