Give Us This Day Our Daily Thread: Tues 7/22

Whereas I make up stupid lyrics to actual songs all the time (such as @SallyEpp_cot is doing), but I am fried after a night at work and can’t think of my own name.

Who am I again??

2 Likes

You’re awesome @OBNurseNH! And don’tcha forget it, lady! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww!!! :blush:
Thanks, @emmyannttu Right back atcha :wink:

1 Like

I have a countdown that I’m CRAZY about but it doesn’t involve WDW. We finally close on our house tomorrow. 1 sweet little day and we will be free of THE BEAST! No more crazy heating and cooling bills. No more loud echo-y open-to-below floor plan. No more pool to maintain. Ahhhhh.

11 Likes

Isn’t it true about a pool??? We have one, and I say all the time - our next home will NOT have one. And people look at me like I’m crazy! But they are usually the people who have never held their breath every season when it’s time to open, in case something big should need replaced, and they are never the people babysitting the chemistry to death to make sure it doesn’t turn green (especially tough when you go away on vacation and can’t vacuum it every day…).

Congrats on the home sale!

Where are you moving to? :house_with_garden:

2 Likes

RIGHT!!! We’re in Texas so we don’t close the pool…nope, we got to maintain it all year. Fab. We’re just moving down the road to Arlington. I’m so excited. My new teaching job is at the school in our new subdivision and the boys will be at school with me. The new house will be complete in December (hopefully) and we’ll be about 4 blocks from the school, one street away from a park, one street away from the four community pools. WOOHOO!!!

6 Likes

That’s awesome @emmy! Congrats! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@emmyannttu how cool is that? Fantastic opportunity for your family!

2 Likes

I love puns!! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Congrats @emmyannttu!

2 Likes

Have fun today kids!!! I know I will :slight_smile: #vacationrocks

3 Likes

So close and yet so fa away…

3 Likes

And congrats @emmyannttu!

2 Likes

Congrats @emmyannttu on the sale and the upcoming move! I wish I could unload our house, but it’s complicated (dad “gave” us the house when my mom passed away, but now this means we’re paying taxes/maintenance on this place PLUS the place we left, which happens to be HIS childhood home. He does babysit and do most of our repairs/improvements, so I can’t complain, but 5+ acres is draining to maintain and our older structure eats energy!). Like you guys, no one who doesn’t have 5+acres understands why I want to get rid of it…so beautiful…etc…but it takes at least a day’s work to mow the lawn (2 acres are grassy)! We’ve got two kiddos DD5 and DS2, and we both work full time! AHHHHH!!! Anyway, thanks for listening to the rant. I feel your pain! I need to get to WDW! Maybe soon…

4 Likes

Love the title of this thread, made me actually laugh out loud !!

3 Likes

Okay, just used the edit function. I can’t complain. But I am, lol! That’s a nice feature.

3 Likes

I cannot take credit. @Lentesta said it had to be this way or else… :wink:

Just this once… just this once…

3 Likes

I LOVE the edit feature. One thing I find frustrating on oldchat is that a typo stays a typo and can never be fixed…

2 Likes

The picture of my Bloody Mary (2nd of the day) didn’t show up. :-/

2 Likes

Maybe it did, but being the 2nd of the day you are impaired of seeing it???

2 Likes