Gimme Some Tassel: A Grad Trip Report

We tried a flight from Salt and Straw today in Downtown Disney.

Upper left, pear and bleu cheese. Delicious - my favorite.

Upper right, honey lavender. My second favorite. Mild lavender taste. Carly said it tasted like a candle. :joy:

Lower left, Marion berry and coconut sherbet. My least favorite. Might have been better on it’s own. Not as sweet as the others so seemed sour in comparison.

Lower right, strawberry honey balsamic with pepper. Just tasted like strawberry to me. Third place. I think Carly put this one second and lavender third.

All in all a fun little experiment!

20 Likes

My family eats boring things

1 Like

Oopsie! Thought I was posting in the random musings thread! Although somewhat appropriate because I think you were the one who got a flight there on your DLR trip in November that made me want to try it!

7 Likes

No hearts for this!

2 Likes

Flyby meetup just now with @RH_TtR :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Forgot to snap a pic :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

But look who else I just found! It’s @mikejs78 :open_mouth:

26 Likes

Golf was great. Perfeft. If Night if a little windy. 9 holes was perfect. More would have been too much

17 Likes

20 Likes

Yes and I’m
Going there later this week!

Honey lavender and pear Gorgonzola are my favorites so far

7 Likes

I’m excited to see what you try this time!!

6 Likes

Have seen Harmonious from the WS side of the lagoon, at the border of Italy and America.

Positioned tonight on the FW (shut up I’m calling it that) side of the lagoon tonight. We are outside of a taped off area but as yet have not been asked to move and now there are people behind us too. :woman_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes

Such a rebel.

5 Likes

Have not reviewed these pics. They could be trash.

22 Likes

19 Likes

Please tell me @RH_TtR got a picture? :scream:

5 Likes

No! We were too quick and off we went. Maybe we can pass by again later this week.

5 Likes

Were you standing by the Miguel statue? When I was scoping out that seemed to be a good spot.

3 Likes

Yes. It was not bad. Straight on view of both Stargate and Tacos. Only obstructed by Children On Shoulders

7 Likes

17 Likes

I was in that same spot in March and I thought the view was perfect until a dad put his child on his shoulders. Ugh.

7 Likes

Love the TR so far…this is my DD’s dream trip…her Mom taking her for her Graduation…she says she may let me tag along, lol.

Looks like yall are having a magical time. Can’t wait to read the rest.

4 Likes